AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Triton v3 incoming! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38663)

jax4736 02-21-2017 04:57 PM

Triton v3 incoming!

Haven't noticed much discussion about this unit online, except about the upgrade program. I took delivery of a new unit last Saturday, and wow, I am very impressed. I've owned the v1 and v2 Triton, previously.

I'm usually poor at using the "audiophile words" to describe components but I couldn't get up out of my listening chair after replacing my v2 with the v3.

I'll be interested to hear of other people's experiences; this must be Shunyata's best product yet. I like the firm grips on the 8 outlets in the back - the v2 had this firmness as well (perhaps they're the same CopperCONN outlets).

I'm also using a DPC-6 v2 and a Typhon with the Triton v3. Atypically for me, I bought the unit just based on my past experiences with Shunyata - I didn't do an A/B comparison of the v2 to the v3 - but time spent with very familiar recordings revealed the true nature of the upgrade.

One recording revealed a wealth of details I never noticed before - things like I could hear certain instruments in the orchestra which I never knew were there before.

All this is tempting me to complete my system by adding Typhons to my monoblocks duplex outlets (I am using a single Defender for the time being).

If Caelin or Grant see this, I'd be interested in hearing some background on what improved, and why so much. Not that I mind - this upgrade has made me very happy. I'm looking forward to more hours spent this week listening to familiar recordings.

cma29 02-21-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax4736 (Post 833357)
Haven't noticed much discussion about this unit online, except about the upgrade program. I took delivery of a new unit last Saturday, and wow, I am very impressed. I've owned the v1 and v2 Triton, previously.

I'm usually poor at using the "audiophile words" to describe components but I couldn't get up out of my listening chair after replacing my v2 with the v3.

That's a nice description that says a lot :thumbsup:

Chad.Wagner 02-22-2017 07:00 PM

Thanks for the update. This is certainly good news.

CGabriel 02-22-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax4736 (Post 833357)

I'll be interested to hear of other people's experiences; this must be Shunyata's best product yet. I like the firm grips on the 8 outlets in the back - the v2 had this firmness as well (perhaps they're the same CopperCONN outlets).

I'm also using a DPC-6 v2 and a Typhon with the Triton v3. Atypically for me, I bought the unit just based on my past experiences with Shunyata - I didn't do an A/B comparison of the v2 to the v3 - but time spent with very familiar recordings revealed the true nature of the upgrade.

One recording revealed a wealth of details I never noticed before - things like I could hear certain instruments in the orchestra which I never knew were there before.

All this is tempting me to complete my system by adding Typhons to my monoblocks duplex outlets (I am using a single Defender for the time being).

If Caelin or Grant see this, I'd be interested in hearing some background on what improved, and why so much. Not that I mind - this upgrade has made me very happy. I'm looking forward to more hours spent this week listening to familiar recordings.

The TRITON v3 (Tv3) inherited some trickle-up technology from the new DENALI Series power conditioners. Specifically, it has QR/BB modules that improve system dynamics especially when used with power amplifiers. The QR/BB in the Tv3 are 3 times the size as those used in the DENALI. Also, the Tv3 has new improved CCI v3 (component to component isolation) filters. And the new Tv3 comes with the SSF-50 (stainless steel feet) that were previously optional.

BlueFox 02-23-2017 04:14 AM

Caelin, I will be sending both of my Triton v2 in for the v3 upgrade. I noticed your comment about amps, and wonder if I can get my Cyclops v2 upgraded to v3?

--------------------------------------------

Lumin S1
Sony XA5400ES SACD
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MK2 speakers

Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Ritmo 02-23-2017 01:29 PM

I will be sending my V2 for a V3 upgrade!