AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   SF dealers dropping out (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46607)

modlin 09-03-2019 07:00 PM

SF dealers dropping out

SF dealers are disappearing...why?

oddeophile 09-03-2019 08:10 PM

Probably the insane cost of SF real estate they can’t afford the rent anymore. Just a SWAG.

Masterlu 09-03-2019 08:14 PM

At their peak, they produced 5500 pairs of speakers a year Worldwide. That number has dropped substantially over the last 5~6 years.

modlin 09-03-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 978482)
At their peak, they produced 5500 pairs of speakers a year Worldwide. That number has dropped substantially over the last 5~6 years.

pricing?.....vs.what people have in their wallets?....disappearing middle class???...sign of our times...

antipop 09-04-2019 10:27 AM

The transition from Serblin to the new management hasn't really done that well.

I guess they lost quite a bit of their customer base since they have changed what makes SF. The new strategy was too much lifestyle oriented that didn't pan out.

I own a pair of Elipsa Red and the only speaker I would upgrade to in the range would have been the Stradivari...

Masterlu 09-04-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 978515)

I guess they lost quite a bit of their customer base since they have changed what makes SF. The new strategy was too much lifestyle oriented that didn't pan out.

I own a pair of Elipsa Red and the only speaker I would upgrade to in the range would have been the Stradivari...

:goodpost:

Antonmb 09-04-2019 11:45 AM

My local dealer used to carry SF. He’s in a city of about 80,000 and it was his only high-end speaker line. I think he was selling maybe a half dozen pairs of Cremona-level and up per year. After the world of McIntosh, he dropped them because they upped their requirements for stock. Now he carries Focal’s upper end models instead.

bart 09-04-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Georges, the Stradivari is fantastic indeed.
But I wouldn't say no to a pair of Liliums or Aidas.
Have you heard them?

BuffaloBill 09-04-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

The Elipsa is a nice speaker and for you this would be a logical course of action. But for non-SF owners there are better options for less money.

crwilli 09-04-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill (Post 978532)
The Elipsa is a nice speaker and for you this would be a logical course of action. But for non-SF owners there are better options for less money.

That is a matter of opinion and why are only non-SF owners smart enough to know this?