AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   RMAF 2012 Official Pictures (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Rockport, BAT, Sound Environment (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16536)

chessman 10-14-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat
This room I indeed sounded excellent; very musical yet transparent and natural sounding. The Playback Designs and Electrocompaniet preamp were exceptional, IMO.

Guys, those are Stillpoints under the gear; the ones under the Playback and Electrocompaniet sell for $375 for three feet.

Stephen, you don't think the BAT amp was a significant contributor? ;)

joeinid 10-14-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 379091)

:stirthepot:

VT Skier 10-14-2012 10:32 PM

If anything, the Electrocompaniet held the system back a bit in terms of resolution. A little too much warmth.

Sadly, the Rex preamp that was supposed to be used was damaged during shipping to the show. I would have loved to have heard both BAT units together.

Puma Cat 10-14-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 379091)

Yes, but I was impressed with the qualities the Electrocompaniet brought to the table.

And the Playback Designs, of course.

Puma Cat 10-14-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT Skier (Post 379096)
If anything, the Electrocompaniet held the system back a bit in terms of resolution. A little too much warmth.

Ha! No accounting for taste. ;)

I thought the warmth the Electrocompaniet brought was just right.

rbbert 10-17-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat
This room I indeed sounded excellent; very musical yet transparent and natural sounding. The Playback Designs and Electrocompaniet preamp were exceptional, IMO.

Guys, those are Stillpoints under the gear; the ones under the Playback and Electrocompaniet sell for $375 for three feet.

I think they are closer to $275 apiece, although i won't swear to it. The ones under the amp are more like $500 apiece.

suburban 10-20-2012 04:34 PM

I just took possession of a beautiful pair of Rockport Mira 2s. I have them paired with an MC452 and C50, along with a Berkeley Alpha DAC 2. Waiting for my Basis 2001 Sig tt, with Vector tonearm to arrive. I haven't finished setting the system up yet, but first impression is great. I will be sure to expand on my findings when I've had them a while.

jdandy 10-20-2012 07:52 PM

suburban.......The McIntosh MC452 and C50 should light up the Rockport Mira 2's. Are your Rockport's black?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v_CdGSvXrt...1600/Mira2.jpg

Bodhisattva 10-21-2012 01:13 AM

Lovely speakers. I have to agree the Rockports are superb :) The choice of the PBD deck was probably a good choice in this system since it's on the dark side of neutral. The Bat mono's, and especially Electro pre would have illuminated the sound.

turntable 10-21-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 378803)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbbert (Post 380458)
I think they are closer to $275 apiece, although i won't swear to it. The ones under the amp are more like $500 apiece.

They are indeed Stillpoints . Ultra SS to be exact. $250 each with the optional Utra base @ $69 each. The Ultra base is overkill as they are very stable without.
Stephen, you were probably thinking of the minis, which are $375 for 3.

I have a set of 3 under my pre amp, phono stage and ss amp. Amazingly good products. Gonna try under my speakers if I ever get them fixed. Don't really want to remove them from the phono or amp atm.

Cheers

Cheers