AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Stillpoints ERS cloth (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=13668)

C2300MC275 04-21-2012 04:04 PM

Stillpoints ERS cloth

Hi Guys,

My dealer gave me a coupe of sheets of the ERS cloth to try out army request.

Oh boy - I have made some serious gains to my system. To summarise it simply, everything just sounds more analogue. The digital replay just has less of that "digital glare" that you kind of don't realise is there until you slap on a great vinyl record.

I have been experimenting all day but have had great success underneath my mains conditioner, inside my squeezebox (specifically around the power supply input), a tiny piece on top of my cartridge (between the screws) - very small piece indeed, another piece in my turntable junction box, a large piece over all the cables entering my devialet, and another piece underneath the amp power supply.

Stillpoints are a great company - I have the ultras under may speaker, which were revelatory. I have ordered in the new ultra 5s to try...

Cheers

Bill
Really impressed for so little money.

Masterlu 04-21-2012 04:06 PM

Isolation products work, and are very often over looked. :yes:

C2300MC275 04-21-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 300909)
Isolation products work, and are very often over looked. :yes:

They sure do, Ivan. I can't believe how many people dismiss them as snake oil. You can really make a system go from great to superb. :music:

antipop 02-19-2015 10:46 AM

I'm bumping this thread. I've seen the ERS on Stillpoints website and got curious.

There is not a lot of feedback on this despite sounding quite interesting. Has anyone else tested them ?

I'm not sure of the MSRP but it doesn't look like to be very expensive.

Masterlu 02-19-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 676197)
I'm bumping this thread. I've seen the ERS on Stillpoints website and got curious.

There is not a lot of feedback on this despite sounding quite interesting. Has anyone else tested them ?

I'm not sure of the MSRP but it doesn't look like to be very expensive.

Georges... I happen to have quite a bit of ERS here; I intend to start experimenting with it shortly. :ok:

Audiophilehi 01-10-2018 09:25 PM

Doing some tidying up and found 2 sheets of Stillpoints ERS cloth. Anyone using them and if so where? I’ll most like start with my Aurender N100H.

Masterlu 01-10-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 891900)
Doing some tidying up and found 2 sheets of Stillpoints ERS cloth. Anyone using them and if so where? I’ll most like start with my Aurender N100H.

I have lined all my electrical service panels with ERS cloth. The adhesive backed version is the way to go.

Audiophilehi 01-10-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 891901)
I have lined all my electrical service panels with ERS cloth. The adhesive backed version is the way to go.

Thanks Ivan....that sure sounds like the first place to start. :thumbsup:

Formerly YB-2 01-13-2018 10:55 AM

Is this sold in something like 8 1/2" x 11" sheets? Thinking I'll put one on the bottom the MDC301 and a couple on the top & bottom of the SuperX 315, to start with.

For The Love of Music 10-05-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 891901)

I - Can you take a picture what that looks like and post, TY - E