AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   D'Agostino Momentum or Krell EVO One's (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14224)

mgakathereaper 05-25-2012 02:29 PM

D'Agostino Momentum or Krell EVO One's

I am new to this forum and was initially drawn doing a search for Vivid Audio Giya G2's. I have been active in Barts Vivid thread. I have posted a similar thread in the Burmester forum but wanted to post here as well to get the D'Agostino traffic.

In short, I will be receiving Vivid Audio Giya G2's within the next 2 months and I am planning my amp strategy. I currently have Krell EVO 600 Monos which I initially plan to use with the Giya's.

As I am thinking through my "System" road-map choices I have started focusing on the best amps to drive the G2's. Again I know a lot of this is preference and subjective but is there anyone here that has experience with D'Agostino Momentum's driving Giya's or any other Vivid Audio speaker?

I also have an option to swap my current EVO 600's for EVO One's. However, I have read that the Momentum's trump the EVO One's but I am looking for additional insight.

As noted at beginning, I don't plan on changing out amps until I hear the G2's with my current EVO 600's. I will ultimately try to demo some additional amps in my system before any decision is made. I am just looking for some insight around additional options that I might want to consider on my "short-list".

Thanks for your time.

Mike

phycomp 06-14-2012 12:46 PM

What a great problem to have , deciding between two of possibly the finest audio amplifiers in the market! Enjoy... :-)

jwhite613 06-14-2012 01:19 PM

phycomp... Welcome To AA!!!

:welcome2.:

joeinid 06-14-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhite613 (Post 323858)
phycomp... Welcome To AA!!!

:welcome2.:

+1 Welcome to the forums!

:pg2:

joeinid 06-14-2012 01:28 PM

Hi Mike,

What gear are the Vivid Audio Giya speakers demonstrated with at audio shows? Luxman? Or something else.

jdandy 06-14-2012 01:39 PM

Mike.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

From the reports and reviews D'Agostino owners have posted, I would wager a guess that the Evo's will be trumped by the D'Agostino amplifiers no matter what speaker they are driving. Of course, an in home audition with your new Vivid Audio Giya G2's would be the real litmus test.

Cellindo 06-15-2012 02:18 AM

Man..., if you are playing in that elevated league, I would definitly consider the VIOLA Bravo amp (made in two chassis).
I know a bit the d'Agostino monoblocs but I have been equally impressed by this big Viola!

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Johnbr 06-15-2012 10:09 PM

I say if you can listen to them both in your home with the new speakers.

mgakathereaper 06-18-2012 10:47 AM

Guys-

Thx for your input. I certainly realize I am fortunate to even consider this type of gear and in-home demos will be my approach before making an amp decision. The Krell EVO 600's are no slouches so I imagine I will be very happy with initial setup of G2's and break-in period. I am in no hurry so I will be doing my homework and making my choices carefully. User experience from this forum is invaluable to help narrow the field.

The G2's should be arriving in the next week or so... Cant wait.

Cornholio 09-24-2012 05:16 PM

Is there a fundamental sonic difference between the two given the name of the guy? Did he take the old Krell sound with him or not?