AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wyred 4 Sound (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   MDA1000 and W4S Remedy (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32196)

blacsno 06-29-2015 02:02 PM

MDA1000 and W4S Remedy

Just added the W4S Remedy between my McIntosh MDA1000 and my NVS1000*DIY* Media player via coaxial. Well..... hmmmm....... Do I hear a difference? Very subtle, bass has little more snap.... Music sounds cleaner more like analog! You know that digital fatigue that is caused by lesser DAC's. The unit seems to add a another layer of scrubbing! Along with MDA1000 scrubbing process LOL! I'm sure with more hours of break-in will help define its full potential.... more to follow!

Ken

Masterlu 06-29-2015 02:53 PM

You can't beat the W4S Remedy for "Bang for the Buck" ;)

blacsno 06-29-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 710618)
You can't beat the W4S Remedy for "Bang for the Buck" ;)

Nope! :banana:

Alberto 06-29-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacsno (Post 710598)
Just added the W4S Remedy between my McIntosh MDA1000 and my NVS1000*DIY* Media player via coaxial. Well..... hmmmm....... Do I hear a difference? Very subtle, bass has little more snap.... Music sounds cleaner more like analog! You know that digital fatigue that is caused by lesser DAC's. The unit seems to add a another layer of scrubbing! Along with MDA1000 scrubbing process LOL! I'm sure with more hours of break-in will help define its full potential.... more to follow!

Ken

Hi Ken,

As an MDA1000 owner I am intrigued about the W4S remedy. But a bit confused ... I was under the impression that the MDA1000 already re-clocks the input signal.

If it's true that the MDA already strips off timing information that's a whole lot of stripping goin' on [cue inevitable follow-up post with photo of multiple strippers ... you guys know you want to and can't help it :D]

Seriously, though am I missing something?

Thanks,

Alberto

jdandy 06-29-2015 07:26 PM

Alberto.......I'm not touching that with a 10 foot stripper pole. :no:

blacsno 06-30-2015 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto (Post 710645)
Hi Ken,

As an MDA1000 owner I am intrigued about the W4S remedy. But a bit confused ... I was under the impression that the MDA1000 already re-clocks the input signal.

If it's true that the MDA already strips off timing information that's a whole lot of stripping goin' on [cue inevitable follow-up post with photo of multiple strippers ... you guys know you want to and can't help it :D]

Seriously, though am I missing something?

Thanks,

Alberto

Well..... I can hear a difference between the two. I'm sure the Remedy isn't going to make a D100 into MDA1000 by any stretch . The unit is helping with a cleaner signal to the MDA1000 so it has better info to work with?! Maybe Wyred will chime in...... I'll say this I hear a little better overall music separation, and JL subs have a little more snap in bass.
I keep using the word "little". Hey I might hear the same thing by going to WireWorld Platinum series. So using this unit did do something I like hearing.

Ken

-E- 06-30-2015 01:36 AM

You could also just be hearing the transcode...

blacsno 06-30-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 710742)
You could also just be hearing the transcode...

My library of music is 100% AIFF format, so I believe my player is outputting in native file resolution. Unless I'm missing something......but I'll check.....

Ken

jbaudio68 06-30-2015 08:43 AM

I bought a Remedy from you know who last night to put between my Sonos Connect and my AMR DP-777. I'll let you know what I think. I'm mostly vinyl these days but really am enjoying the music exploration via Deezer. I am thinking if the MDA saw an improvement then maybe the AMR would too (the AMR currently clocks the Sonos at 44.1. I would love to see that bumped up to 96.

crwilli 06-30-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbaudio68 (Post 710754)
I bought a Remedy from you know who last night to put between my Sonos Connect and my AMR DP-777. I'll let you know what I think. I'm mostly vinyl these days but really am enjoying the music exploration via Deezer. I am thinking if the MDA saw an improvement then maybe the AMR would too (the AMR currently clocks the Sonos at 44.1. I would love to see that bumped up to 96.

Many including I, have heard the benefits of the Remedy between a Sonos streaming Deezer into our Esoteric SACD players. I have no doubt you will hear less grunge. It does show as a 96,000 stream on my K03x