AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   K1 ate a disk (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42155)

Masterlu 02-15-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 899704)
Is it still under warranty?

Yes it is :yes:

ariess 02-15-2018 10:38 PM

all clear

Bigdenis 02-16-2018 09:19 AM

I had the same problem with my K-01X, Esoteric did not fix it but directly replaced it. But it was very long...
I find that this failure happens relatively often, to read you, and makes doubts about the reliability of the devices.:grumpy:

aardvarkbark 02-16-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdenis (Post 899807)
I had the same problem with my K-01X, Esoteric did not fix it but directly replaced it. But it was very long...
I find that this failure happens relatively often, to read you, and makes doubts about the reliability of the devices.:grumpy:

Well, I'm a sample size of N=1, so statistically irrelevant, but I only spin CDs, often 8-12 each day, in my K-03x. Since I mostly listen to classical or jazz, I'm not going to tracks, just listening start to finish. I only use the eject and play buttons. There have been a couple of times when our power has gone out for nearly an hour (when all the clocks would have to be reset) that I've had to power down, restart, but then it was fine.

I haven't had problems, but I'm happy to hear that the company will replace it if they can't fix it. I send watches off for service and don't see them for six months. I send fountain pens off to have nibs adjusted and don't see them for three months. 'Very long' is relative.

Bigdenis 02-17-2018 11:02 AM

When you only have one reading device, for me, two months is a long time.

FreddieFerric 02-17-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 899705)
Yes it is :yes:

That's a relief.

ariess 02-20-2018 09:27 PM

all clear

SCAudiophile 02-21-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariess (Post 900940)
Here is an update on my experience to date on the K1 that ate my disc.

Esoteric asked me to send the unit to the place that does their US repairs in California using a freight service. This was on my dime (actually about 4000 of them [emoji846]) so I arranged shipment and it was picked up last Monday and arrived at the repair place this past Friday. The repair place told me that they opened the unit and found that the disc was indeed jammed in the player and that the tray was misaligned. They felt the safest option is to replace the disc transport. So yesterday they contacted Esoteric for the replacement. Now they are waiting on Esoteric in Japan to see if they have a replacement drive and to find out how long it will take Esoteric to get them the drive if they have it. It seems there is a middle layer facility in New Jersey that is in the discussion too. Everyone has been nice and professional so far, but communication between the US and Japan is rather slow due to the multiple layers and the time difference. And then there will be another slow up due to customs for a part coming in. My current hope is just that the repair place can get the part this week but am told that will require lots of things to align. Sigh.

Best of luck to you for fast shipment of the transport and getting your K1 back ASAP!

ariess 02-24-2018 12:39 PM

all clear

jdandy 02-24-2018 12:49 PM

Adam.......Take a deep breath, relax, and be patient. Let the pros do their thing. Your K1 will be back home soon enough and you will once again be happy. It is highly unlikely you will ever experience another issue with the K1. It is a marvelous machine.