AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magico S3 Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=27172)

PLK 06-16-2014 08:34 PM

Magico S3 Review

SoundStage! Ultra | SoundStageUltra.com (UltraAudio.com) | Magico S3 Loudspeakers

audio bill 06-16-2014 11:23 PM

Provided link fails with a 404 error, and I can't find a Magico S3 review at ultraaudio.com. Please advise accordingly, TIA.

BlueFox 06-16-2014 11:29 PM

Another forum stated it isn't supposed to be posted until 7/1/14.

jdandy 06-16-2014 11:34 PM

The review was up earlier today. I read some of the article and looked at the photos. Didn't find the S3 to be that intriguing.

Masterlu 06-16-2014 11:36 PM

http://dagogo.com/wp-content/uploads.../magico-s3.jpg

jazzman 06-17-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 616050)
The review was up earlier today. I read some of the article and looked at the photos. Didn't find the S3 to be that intriguing.

what would be intriguing is if you finally post something positive on a Magico product... But you seem to have an opinion even on things you never heard....;)

jdandy 06-17-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzman (Post 616122)
what would be intriguing is if you finally post something positive on a Magico product... But you seem to have an opinion even on things you never heard....;)

jazzman.......What would be truly intriguing is if you would get off my back.

I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. Lighten up for crying out loud.

PLK 06-17-2014 02:29 PM

From the review:

"Some will say that Magico speakers don’t have a soul, as if that’s a criticism. I agree: Magicos do what the upstream components and signals tell them to do. If you don’t like what you’re hearing, I can assure you that it’s not the speakers’ fault -- it’s what you’re feeding them. They’re just doing what they’re told to do, within the context of what, thanks to Magico’s relentless drive to minimize distortion, they were designed to do: reproduce music with reference-level resolution.

Audiophiles who really want to hear their recordings, take note: Your invitation to join that club has arrived in the Magico S3."

Number95 06-17-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLK (Post 616168)
From the review:

"Some will say that Magico speakers don’t have a soul, as if that’s a criticism. I agree: Magicos do what the upstream components and signals tell them to do. If you don’t like what you’re hearing, I can assure you that it’s not the speakers’ fault -- it’s what you’re feeding them. They’re just doing what they’re told to do, within the context of what, thanks to Magico’s relentless drive to minimize distortion, they were designed to do: reproduce music with reference-level resolution.

Audiophiles who really want to hear their recordings, take note: Your invitation to join that club has arrived in the Magico S3."

Sounds very promising!:yes:

cmalak 06-17-2014 07:08 PM

It got their Reviewer's Choice Award. Reviewed by Ryan Coleman. Normally the Magico products are reviewed by Jeff Fritz. I believe Jeff may be doing a follow up as well. The folks at the Soundstage.com network of sites which includes UtraAudio.com are big fans of Magico and Rockport and Vivid. Not so much of Wilson and TAD. They have been quite explicit and strong in their commentary for and against these brands from commentary at various audio shows. It's interesting because Jeff Fritz used to have a WP8 as his reference for a while way back and then at some point the tide shifted and I don't believe they have reviewed a Wilson product since but have made plenty of comments about Wilson speakers from their coverage at various audio shows and so on. Not sure if there was a falling out between Wilson and the folks at Soundstage.com but it seems to be the case.