AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Shunyata CopperCONN Duplex Release? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46286)

Parabellum 07-19-2019 09:10 PM

Shunyata CopperCONN Duplex Release?

I have read some posts online from 2015/16 about the possible release of the CopperCONN duplex but we are now mid-2019 and they are still unavailable for purchase individually. Is it in the plans to release them for purchase eventually?

Masterlu 07-19-2019 09:14 PM

They are available; just sold some a week ago.

AC Outlet CopperCONN US/5 5-15R - $295 retail

Parabellum 07-19-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 973529)
They are available; just sold some a week ago.

AC Outlet CopperCONN US/5 5-15R - $295 retail

:thought:

I just checked their website and only the venerable SR-Z1 is listed. Do you have a link or information about them? Pictures? Little information is available about them it seems.

Thanks

Masterlu 07-19-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabellum (Post 973531)

I just checked their website and only the venerable SR-Z1 is listed. Do you have a link or information about them? Pictures? Little information is available about them it seems.

Thanks

No, sorry; they are in very limited supply I understand.

Parabellum 07-23-2019 10:23 PM

Has anyone tried these CopperCONN outlets, compared to the SR-Z1?

SCAudiophile 07-24-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabellum (Post 973975)
Has anyone tried these CopperCONN outlets, compared to the SR-Z1?

I believe anyone using a Denali 6000/S v1 and certainly the new v2 and Triton v3 already is using them. I will be moving to the new separate duplexes for in wall too later this year as an addition. To me, the best sounding outlets of all that I have heard and only ones that I have tried in-conditioner and in-wall that best the venerable Avatar Acoustics After Burner8 pure-metals (no rare earth or exotic platings or other b.s.) outlets that have been with me for 10 years as primary and as fallback after I tried other vendor's more exotic approaches and fell back to a pure metals approach every time.

tima 07-25-2019 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabellum (Post 973531)

Thanks

I believe the CopperCONN outlets first appeared on the Triton v2, circa 2015. This is from the Triton v2 userguide:

Quote:

CopperCONN™ OUTLETS
All commercial grade connectors and virtually all audiophile grade connectors are made from brass or bronze base metals. Some audiophile grade connectors may get a plating of nickel, silver, gold or rhodium that is only a few millionths of an inch thick. The Shunyata Research CopperCONN™ is constructed using solid, high purity, oxygen free copper as the base metal with a flash coating to protect the copper from oxidation.

The CopperCONN™ outlets are designed with superior grip strength and contact integrity. This contributes to a measurable improvement in DTCD™ (Dynamic Transient Current Delivery) and a correspondingly obvious difference in audible performance.
Copper has a significantly lower resistance than brass or bronze.

https://www.audioaficionado.org/pict...pictureid=5035

Parabellum 07-29-2019 09:53 PM

Contacted Shunyata yesterday about the CopperCONN... Still no news :confused:

Parabellum 05-12-2020 11:23 PM

Finally ordered two of those. Can't wait to receive them and have them installed. Stay tuned.

crion2 05-13-2020 04:15 AM

Do you have a Furutech NCF outlet on-hand to do some simple evaluation?

I still hope for a Schuko version if it would be superior to the Furutech NCF outlet.