AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shooting Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Fabarm L4s new addition......perhaps ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41043)

Mikado463 11-04-2017 09:21 PM

Fabarm L4s new addition......perhaps ?

I'm itching to give this new shotgun a whirl, all my dealers in the area can't seem to keep it in stock so I don't even know if it will fit me. I currently have one semi in my arsenal (Benelli Super Sport) thinking about adding another.

https://fabarmusa.com/l4s-sporting/

PHC1 11-04-2017 10:09 PM

Looks good Dave. :yes: I've enjoyed the Benelli Super Sport myself, do you think the L4S is more different rather than similar? Both weigh about the same.

Mikado463 11-04-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 877528)
Looks good Dave. :yes: I've enjoyed the Benelli Super Sport myself, do you think the L4S is more different rather than similar? Both weigh about the same.

Serge, given that the L4S is a gas operated gun rather than inertia like the Benelli I suspect it might be a little 'softer' shooting. On my Super Sport I added weight to the fore end (Briley 8oz weight stack) to come somewhat closer to my O/U's. Not sure that can be done with the L4S.

There's something about the 'fondle factor' of real wood though !

Karl Maga 11-04-2017 11:14 PM

That Fabarm looks nice.

I shot a Beretta AL391 for many years, and found its gas system effectively softened the feel. It was smooooooth. So much so that if I were to buy another shotgun, I would be tempted to buy a gas oprated semiautomatic.

Would you characterize the Super Sport as soft, or perhaps smooth?

Mikado463 11-04-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Maga (Post 877533)

Would you characterize the Super Sport as soft, or perhaps smooth?

Mike, Myself, having shot friends Beretta's and then my Benelli there is a noticeable difference in recoil but I'm not at all that recoil sensitive (yet). I will say this , I am able to load 1 oz loads that cycle all day long with zero issues with my SS and I'm well aware of how much easier it is to clean an inertia gun vs. a gas operated one.

FWIW, the majority of the time I shoot O/U's

PHC1 11-05-2017 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 877530)
Serge, given that the L4S is a gas operated gun rather than inertia like the Benelli I suspect it might be a little 'softer' shooting. On my Super Sport I added weight to the fore end (Briley 8oz weight stack) to come somewhat closer to my O/U's. Not sure that can be done with the L4S.

There's something about the 'fondle factor' of real wood though !

Yeah it should be a bit softer. I've also enjoyed some Beretta gas but I preferred the Benelli and yes, it is much easier to clean. :D I only have the Beretta Silver Pigeon I O/U now. Have fun with it if you decide to buy it. :thumbsup:

Karl Maga 11-05-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 877535)
..... and I'm well aware of how much easier it is to clean an inertia gun vs. a gas operated one.

True dat Dave!

Right now, my only scatter gun is a Beretta 686 Onyx OU in 12 Ga that I had custom fitted. It’s a field grade finish, but I’m ok with that because I don’t want the gun to be more handsome than me. :crazy:

Formerly YB-2 12-22-2017 03:42 PM

Too bad Fabarm only offers a blunderbus (12ga ;)). If offered in a 20ga I might be interested. But, will likely go with a Beretta A400 Xcel (like that blue receiver).

Dave - shot at the Sarasota Gun Club this morning. Had to use their loaner Benelli 20ga semi-auto with a 26" barrel and IC choke. Went out with a friend who was new to the game, so we shot the Green/Blue stations. He did quite well for a newbie with a 46. I wanted to double his score, but only managed an 88. A nice place with lots of stations to choose from. There were a bunch of guys shooting .410s. Wish I could shoot their .410 tournament. Would be great fun.

I did drop by Cole's Fine Guns here in Naples last week. They do some nice wood-work and are primarily a Beretta shop. Had pretty much a full range of same in stock, including the A400. May have to pick one up the next trip down.

Mikado463 12-22-2017 06:49 PM

Excellent Glenn, glad to hear you made it to Sarasota !! one of my favorites !

Formerly YB-2 12-23-2017 10:57 AM

Yes....... it was nice to shoot in Dec in a t-shirt, shorts & sandals. One shooter wore flip-flops.

Forgot to mention the Sandhill cranes. There were signs posted to not bother them. But, think they had the signs backwards. They were wondering around the trap/skeet fields paying zero attention to the shooters or the shooting. Had to shoo them out of the way. Must be part of their wintering over grounds.