AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PS Audio Noise Harvester (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=3994)

Vettedrummer 04-07-2010 01:37 PM

PS Audio Noise Harvester

Does anyone use and or have any experience with the PS Audio Noise Harvester? If so please let me know how you use yours. Does it do any good or just a waste of cash? Cheers, Frank

MC352 04-07-2010 01:46 PM

I have a four of them, two one each phase of the the electrical box.
They say the more you have the better it is, I can't confirm that.
I know folks who have about 20 of them.

Once you see how often they flash, you will be glad you got them.

I never heard a difference, but knowing that some amount of the noise if getting removed from the circuit works for me.

Masterlu 04-07-2010 02:47 PM

I use quite a few :)

I'll coment more on it later...

PHC1 04-07-2010 03:16 PM

I use 3 Noise Harvesters. Can't say I've heard that much difference after a power conditioner such as PPP or PurePower or even RGPC is implemented but they are nice to track how much residual noise you have by plugging them into the power conditioner itself as well as other receptacles in your listening room. They do work as witnessed by their blinking rates and absense there of and do respond to noise and supposedly eat up some of that residual noise. If the results are very audible or if youi need more than a dozen of them to really reap the benefits, I don't know, I haven't heard much difference with them in my own system.

US Blues 04-07-2010 07:33 PM

I have 5 of these little wonders. A friend and I experimented with using NH's and no other conditioning, the sonic benefits were clearly heard. Using them with other conditioning (I have an RGPC 400 and a Furman Elite 15 PFi) may relegate them to a background role, but I still use them.

One interesting note, I have a noise harvester plugged into the RGPC 400, into which the Furman unit is also connected, and when the Furman is on the Noise Harvester in the RGPC 400 does not blink at all. :scratch2:

Vettedrummer 04-07-2010 07:44 PM

Noise Harvester

Thanks for the input!

Masterlu 04-07-2010 07:56 PM

OK, I have a bit more time now :)

I use alot of them (2-3 dozen at least in Florida) the lights are blacked out & they are hidden. The sound is simply marvelous... :D

For a more helpful review, I put approx. the same amount of them in my Cape system; in fact one of the last things I did. Because I have a "gear room" there, I can see the light show. During the day, very little action, at night it is more like "Disco Inferno". Somes they blink in sequence and look like a mini landing strip. ;)

The sound improvement was noticeable; absolute pitch black noise floor, lower than without them. Both dynamics & presence were also improved. I like them alot, easy to install & instant gratification. Do you need a few dozen? of course not... :D

Omerta 05-20-2010 08:38 AM

If you put just one in the line with a PPP... does the input THD go down a % or 2?

Masterlu 05-20-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omerta (Post 83320)
If you put just one in the line with a PPP... does the input THD go down a % or 2?

Highly unlikely with just one.

Omerta 05-20-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 83322)
Highly unlikely with just one.

Ever experimented to see how many it takes to drop the input THD? When I plug the ppp in the amps line it steadily reads about 4% input THD so I was just trying to get an idea of how many it would take to drop it. The amps are dead quiet so it is not a priority just always thinking of tweaks. If there is only one open receptacle on the line I figure a power strip and 4 would be minimum.