AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   G-01 & 10MHz Output Cable Impedance (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31846)

Masterlu 06-15-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yardbird (Post 707181)
Ivan, Were you able to find a good quality adapter? Nothing worse than a cheap cheater on a good cable! Have you been using your 75 ohm without an adapter as well? It does work, but maybe some sound is being left on the table?? Are you using the !0MHz tap only, or have you tried the 24MHz master clock mode signal?Ted.

Ted... I bought the best adapter I could find @ $55. Yes, I am using the same Platinum Starlight BNC coax you are. I am still alternating between the 10MHz and 24MHz master clock setting. Both are extraordinary; stay tuned...

SCAudiophile 09-23-2016 02:16 PM

I am using a Cybershaft Ultra-Premium dual master-clock that has both Rubidium and an extremely good OCXO circuit; the clock is 10 Mhz/50-ohm only but of exceptional quality. It's price point is also proportional to what a good clock does and not $7K-$20K like those from Esoteric, SRS, Antelope, etc.... I use it to drive the 10 Mhz inputs on my D-02 and have the D-02 set to "MCLK" into the P-02. Of all the permutations (44.1 multiples, "THRU", MCLK, etc...) this combination yielded the best musical results and imaging/naturalness of presentation.

At first I utilized a typical audio-grade 75-ohm cable I had on hand on the 10 Mhz circuit from the Cybershaft to the , per so many threads out there say it would be no problem on a 50-ohm circuit. Kubala-Sosna Emotion 75-ohm was also used on the 75-ohm connection between my D-02 and P-02 as had been the case for some time (and back to my P-03U and D-03 combo).

I also ordered an very inexpensive 50-ohm spec-compliant cable off Amazon believe it or not. The results were very surprising; the sound stage opened up in all 3 dimensions even further and all the notes and imaging were much more 'musically right'. I've not looked back and am using a custom-built Kubala Emotion level 50-ohm cable that Joe built for me. There IS a difference in using a pure-breed 50-ohm cable on a 10 Mhz circuit when one is called for; I'd highly recommend going that route versus an adapter as 50-ohm specs apply to the conductors as well as the connector if memory serves.

Masterlu 09-24-2016 09:18 PM

A G01 nudie...

http://www.hifidesigngroup.com/wp-co...Open-View3.png

SCAudiophile 09-25-2016 09:09 AM

Ivan...if you meant to post a pic, for some reason it is not showing up (yet).

Masterlu 09-25-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyr24069 (Post 805321)
Ivan...if you meant to post a pic, for some reason it is not showing up (yet).

What device are you on, because I'm looking at the picture.

SCAudiophile 09-25-2016 09:21 AM

MacOSX with Chrome browser; could be because I'm also on VPN for work. Will check it out later,...sorry if this was a waste of time caused by VPN :-) I can see the pics I post though when I am so it's a bit confusing. Have a great day!

Masterlu 09-25-2016 09:32 AM

No worries, maybe they blocked it because I said nudie. :D

SCAudiophile 09-25-2016 10:06 AM

:naughty: Time to remove that rule from the forum posting logic !

SCAudiophile 09-27-2016 10:44 AM

Update....was not on VPN for work just now briefly and am able to see the pic of the G1 internals. Very nice! VPN gets in the way for some reason. Same is true on the AA app on my Android phone. "Airwatch" is employed on all our phones for work and this under the hood relies on a constant VPN connection; no photos show up on the AA app anytime (for me due to VPN).

SuperD 09-27-2016 04:59 PM

I originally used the Master Clock setting and thought the results were very nice with an Esoteric 75ohm cable. I switched to the 10MHz out with the same 75 ohm cable and was blown away by how much more dynamic the sound was. At first, I thought it raised the noise floor but realized the opposite happened and I was just noticing sounds in the recording I never noticed before. As mentioned earlier, I'm also playing a little louder than normal using this setting. The hunt is on for one of the elusive Esoteric 50ohm cables because I'm sticking with the 10MHz out for now.:yes: