AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Got something coming as well!!!! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10276)

Fabiano 10-07-2011 03:21 PM

Got something coming as well!!!!

Got something coming as well!!!! :D

Thanks to commarder in chief who made it easy to jump in the Wireworld wagon!!

I will be using Silver Eclipse interconnect between MCD500 / C2300 / MC402and also silver eclipse for speaker.

Only problem is pick up date only schedule for end of november.... i will seem like a long wait!!

TommyC 10-07-2011 03:35 PM

Congrats! Early X'mas present.

Are you replacing your Kimber and Transparent with Wireworld?

Fabiano 10-07-2011 03:48 PM

That is the idea Tommy!

My transparent interconnects are entry level ones, so should be a good jump to Silver Eclipse. As for the speaker cable, there are so many good reviews here on the forum with people mating Mc + Sonus Faber that I decided to give it a try. Here at home, virtually impossible to try out a cable before bying them...

Masterlu 10-07-2011 03:51 PM

Fabiano... You'll be here before you know it! :)

chessman 10-07-2011 05:17 PM

Congrats!!

BlueChiaro 10-07-2011 06:15 PM

Wonderful!! As for the wait...be patient! :meditate:

Fabiano 10-08-2011 09:38 AM

Tks everyone!! I will report back once they are in place!!

Lunchy 10-08-2011 10:51 AM

Awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new speaker cables as I've been thinking of making the jump from the Kimber Monocle XLs to the WW Silver Eclipses at some point as well.

Fabiano 12-16-2011 10:45 PM

Just got back from Miami a week ago. I brought with me a whole set of WW Silver Electra IC, Silver Electra Speaker Cable and 1 Silver Electra Power Cord. My next question is How am I gonna do this? After some thought, I decided to upgrade each component at a time and giving it sufficient burn in time and take it easy. I know that would be most hard way, I mean, The road that would take more time and patiency, but I am sure it will be the road in which I will learn the most. What is the point throwing everything at the same time and you dont have a clue what is doing what?

Before saying anything else I must say I get very skeptical before upgrades. I say this because when doing ups we/I tend to be wishfull thinkers! By that I mean, we tend to convince ourselves we did a great job and did not throw a bunch of money out on the trash. So I work really hard trying to separate things and not let my mind trick me. Where I leave it is almost impossible to try things out before buying. So everyething I bought was based on extensive reading, but thats all.

Going into the upgrades, fist I decided to do the power cable. Why? Because it is the easiest to swith! Lazy choise! Decided to change it on the source (mcd500). I replaced a transparent power cable (probably the cheapest one) with the silver electra 5^2. I chose a CD I know vey well and started the AB testing. After going back and forth 3/4 times I decided to stop the test. Why, because I thought I had the biased mind set at the time. I mean the new cable should be better. How can a new cable with 10-15mins on them sound much better? Since I had had a few glasses of wine at the time I decided to continue the test the next day.

Next day, fully sober I restarted it. No more than 10 mins of testing, same conclusion. WW is miles ahead. Everything better, much more detail, faster, the highs were much clearer!! I was amazed.

Next day, a frind of mine was home. Someone that has at least 20y more experience than me on this. I asked him to give me his opinion on a quick AB on the power cables since it was very easy to switch it back and forth. He was very skeptical to do it giving all disclaimer he is not used to my system and blablabla. He was afraid saying was I had just bought was crap. I understant his reasons but I convinced him to do it. He had no clue what i had in my system previously nor what I had bought. 100% blind test.

5 mins was enough for him to pick the bet one. It was obivious to him as well which one was the winner. WW of course!!! He found the most difference on the fuller mid. Giving much better body to the music!
Not sure it is fair to compare powerlink cable to silver electra, but for sure there is no doubt which is better! WW for sure! Soon i will be putting them across the board. No brainer after what I saw/heard!!

Next ones speaker cable and interconnects. I will keep posting!

If it wasnt for AA, i would probably never try WW around here!!

Fabiano

chessman 12-16-2011 10:53 PM

Fabiano, congrats again. I feel like a proud father. ;)