AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Reviews (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12125)

PHC1 01-27-2012 05:04 PM

Reviews
 
Some really nice reviews of the Momentum's.

http://www.dagostinoinc.com/document...o-Momentum.pdf

psjl 01-27-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 259769)
Some really nice reviews of the Momentum's.

http://www.dagostinoinc.com/document...o-Momentum.pdf

Serge,

Have you heard if "Stereophile" and/or "The Absolute Sound" is planning/in the midst of doing a review on the Momentums?

Philip

TommyC 01-27-2012 06:48 PM

I find it amazing this level of performance can be achieved in such a small chassis.

metaphacts 01-27-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 259837)
I find it amazing this level of performance can be achieved in such a small chassis.

Just curious. Why do you say that?

TommyC 01-27-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 259850)
Just curious. Why do you say that?

Many other companies have huge chassis for their amps and they weigh a few hundred pounds.

metaphacts 01-27-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 259854)
Many other companies have huge chassis for their amps and they weigh a few hundred pounds.


Yes they do. But that they are huge has not, ime, been a predictor of performance quality.

TommyC 01-27-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 259877)
Yes they do. But that they are huge has not, ime, been a predictor of performance quality.

You're right Bill. But within a company, usually bigger means better (e.g., MC2KW vs MC302) :D

I like smaller amps (if they have the same sound quality). They are easier to move and place.

My dealer has the Momentum. I have to find a time to audition it in the future.

PHC1 01-27-2012 09:02 PM

The Momentums are actually not that small, they are deceiving because it lacks the typical heatsinks and has a very clean design. They are slightly bigger than the Ayre MX-Rs for example. Of course they are 1 ohm stable and are good for 2.2KW into 1 ohm as it turns out. :D

jpgr4blu 02-29-2012 03:05 AM

Momentums just fabulous
 
Just auditioned Momentum monos, Lamm 1.2s and VTL 400 monos with Sashas at Innovative Audio in NYC. Momentums were overall the best ss amps I have ever heard for all listening purposes. Will have to audition Momentums and Lamms at my home w Sashas and Ref 40 pre. Lamms have more of a characteristic sound (warm, full but transparent) which may mate better with Ref 40 and Sashas, but Momentums were paragons of power, neutrality with just a hint of sweetness formerly unknown to me in a purely ss amp. They excel in every way and will be hard to beat. Will probably keep my Ref 150 amp which I also love and alternate with Dag (stereo version maybe later to be mono) or Lamm. Easily prefer Ref 150 over VTL 400s. More transparent and better extension. In home listening tests probably a few months away.

enatai252 02-29-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpgr4blu (Post 275812)
Just auditioned Momentum monos, Lamm 1.2s and VTL 400 monos with Sashas at Innovative Audio in NYC. Momentums were overall the best ss amps I have ever heard for all listening purposes. Will have to audition Momentums and Lamms at my home w Sashas and Ref 40 pre. Lamms have more of a characteristic sound (warm, full but transparent) which may mate better with Ref 40 and Sashas, but Momentums were paragons of power, neutrality with just a hint of sweetness formerly unknown to me in a purely ss amp. They excel in every way and will be hard to beat. Will probably keep my Ref 150 amp which I also love and alternate with Dag (stereo version maybe later to be mono) or Lamm. Easily prefer Ref 150 over VTL 400s. More transparent and better extension. In home listening tests probably a few months away.

I have gotten the chance to hear the Momentums on the Sashas...and they sounded very good as a pairing...in my system...KX-R/Sashas...the Ref 250s came out on top for me...I can see the Momentums being good choices as well...but there are some moments of magic that the 250s/Sasha's create especially with high Rez recordings that the Dag's just couldn't match. I would seriously consider keeping the 150 or consider the 250s if you need a little more solidity and slam to the lower octaves....actually I was surprised at how the 250s improved the upper registers as well. I did keep the 150 which i bought before 250s were out...but it's now paired with Duettes at my cabin with theRef 40 about to join them

I will say that all the combos you are trying with the Sashas should give you an awesome experience...can't go wrong...just hard to pick a flavor


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.