AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Typhon QR (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46530)

Sniper17 08-29-2019 07:31 PM

Typhon QR

Been a Shunyata Fan for 10 years. Upgraded my Triton to V3. Procured a Typhon QR two weeks ago. I am a adamant believer in Power and Isolation. I have a Full Equitech Transformer in my garage going to Furutech and Stealth Audio Outlets. All equipment is on Core Audio Designs Racks with HRS and Stillpoints. Also, installed a dedicated Ground Pole.

There have been two comprehensive reviews on the Typhon QR. It is rare the experience of the reviewer is very close to mine own. If you have good stable power and you are a Shunyata client. The Typhon QR is very expensive but with a Triton V3, the results are stunning. The volume I play at is at least 15% less, because my background noise or blackness is been enhanced. The fatness and imaging is dramatically different.

A true Believer in Shunyata!

Puma Cat 08-29-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper17 (Post 977780)
Been a Shunyata Fan for 10 years. Upgraded my Triton to V3. Procured a Typhon QR two weeks ago. I am a adamant believer in Power and Isolation. I have a Full Equitech Transformer in my garage going to Furutech and Stealth Audio Outlets. All equipment is on Core Audio Designs Racks with HRS and Stillpoints. Also, installed a dedicated Ground Pole.

There have been two comprehensive reviews on the Typhon QR. It is rare the experience of the reviewer is very close to mine own. If you have good stable power and you are a Shunyata client. The Typhon QR is very expensive but with a Triton V3, the results are stunning. The volume I play at is at least 15% less, because my background noise or blackness is been enhanced. The fatness and imaging is dramatically different.

Very cool. I use and really like Shunyata's products, too. They are based on a level of scientific understanding I simply do not see from other comparable companies.

Haven't experienced a Typhon QR, but I'm sure the experience is very impressive.

tima 08-29-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Is this your first Typhon?

j3brow 08-29-2019 11:03 PM

Typhon QR

I agree Sniper. Power and isolation are critical components. Congrats on the top shelf Shunyata products.

rnrmf1971 08-29-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

The fatness and imaging is dramatically different.

Can you describe what you mean by that and why you are setting the volume a bit lower?

I haven't upgraded yet and I'm pretty happy with the Triton V3 along with Typhon V1 as it is.

Sniper17 08-30-2019 12:06 AM

Yes, this is my first Typhon. I got to know the guys at Shunyata over the years thru their dealer network. These guys are NOT marketing guys like 90% of the cable companies.

Sniper17 08-30-2019 12:07 AM

I keep track of the volume level every time I do an upgrade. I concentrate on getting the best black background, which means your noise floor is dropping.

Puma Cat 08-30-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper17 (Post 977817)
I keep track of the volume level every time I do an upgrade. I concentrate on getting the best black background, which means your noise floor is dropping.

:thumbsup:

SCAudiophile 08-30-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Great post...chalk me up as another happy customer with similar experience moving up to Shunyata TRITON v3 and TYPHON QR. Staggering upgrade in musical realism, imaging, detail, noise floor, etc...!!!

Puma Cat 08-30-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 977833)
Great post...chalk me up as another happy customer with similar experience moving up to Shunyata TRITON v3 and TYPHON QR. Staggering upgrade in musical realism, imaging, detail, noise floor, etc...!!!

The QR technology is fascinating; I've read the patent on it....