AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   SilenZio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Exemplary Service - Silenzio’s Best Feature (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42152)

chessman 02-10-2018 04:47 PM

Exemplary Service - Silenzio’s Best Feature

The other day I emailed E requesting help with a network snag I was having with the Silenzio (I had created the problem when I switched routers). Less than 2 hours later E called me. Less than 5 minutes later E had fixed it via remote access. All this on a Friday night! I cannot imagine more responsive tech support. Bravo E!

Masterlu 02-10-2018 05:03 PM

Same here x 5 SilenZio's :thumbsup:

crwilli 02-10-2018 05:39 PM

I recently stumbled into a $h!t storm on another site regarding the SilenZio. One very unhappy Dude and a few who are just questioning my sanity for choosing a ‘computer’. Thankfully the thread was shut down before I lost it.

I am comfortable with my decision to buy it and have never wondered ‘what if’ about others since.

Couple the performance with Emile’s service and it simply is a great product. Maybe not for everyone but it sure has been great for me!

chessman 02-10-2018 06:27 PM

All servers are “computers” but not all computers make a good server. The Silenzio is custom built for audio, uses an open architecture that lets me use a NAS, has an onboard bay for ripping, plays through various playback software like JRiver and Roon, and sounds awesome. It works for my needs. Not sure why others who prefer a different solution for their respective needs or desires would care that someone else liked a Silenzio.

Masterlu 02-10-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 898579)
I recently stumbled into a $h!t storm on another site regarding the SilenZio. One very unhappy Dude and a few who are just questioning my sanity for choosing a ‘computer’. Thankfully the thread was shut down before I lost it.

I am comfortable with my decision to buy it and have never wondered ‘what if’ about others since.

Couple the performance with Emile’s service and it simply is a great product. Maybe not for everyone but it sure has been great for me!

http://wcrz.com/files/2011/09/Cop-Be...1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Perhaps you should stay away from the bad side of town. :D

crwilli 02-10-2018 09:27 PM

Ha!! [emoji15]

-E- 02-11-2018 01:09 AM

Thank you all. Combined with the service that Ivan offers via legend audio this really is a no brainer.

I have been in the audio and IT field for now a majority of my life on this little blue rock, and being a part of bringing digital to that next level for the Silenzio clientele is both rewarding (simply from the sheer verbalization of each and every client after their first playback) to, dare I say, humility - none of this I take for granted. There is such a tremendous amount of trust placed in what others may describe as 'a computer' - and I can respect that opinion... But once a client realizes that every digital playback medium is a computer, and that some are better than others, you arrive at Silenzio.

Anyhow, I leave my soapbox on this fine Saturday to go back to what makes all of us happy: music at 11/10.

chessman 06-25-2018 10:29 PM

So once again I call on E for help with a problem I caused (I bought a new phone and could not configure JRiver to work remotely). I sent E an email on Sunday night and Monday morning I had a reply showing me the easy as pie solution. E is the man!

mtroo 06-26-2018 07:56 AM

I purchased a Silenzio from E around 18 months ago. It has been a great decision. He responded on Christmas to a problem I was having. Fixed in minutes.
Great service, great product.
I have not done any updating. I will need to reach out to E to see what needs to be done, if anything.

Masterlu 06-26-2018 10:38 AM

I call E every other day just because... :laughin:

Seriously, he is always there when we need him! :yes: