AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Meridian Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What is your experience of Meridian? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=128)

Still-One 04-10-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 2065)
Ever thought of opening up an audio store for yourself? :smoking:

Actually I ran that by my wife about 8 months ago. My house is large enough where I could have had several set-ups.

She did not go as far as the wife in the Suzuki Classified we see elsewhere here. Let's say she just thought it was a ploy to accumulate additional gear.

Masterlu 04-10-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 2076)
Actually I ran that by my wife about 8 months ago. My house is large enough where I could have had several set-ups.

She did not go as far as the wife in the Suzuki Classified we see elsewhere here. Let's say she just thought it was a ploy to accumulate additional gear.

So did mine, but that didn't stop me. :beatnik:

jdandy 04-10-2009 08:11 PM

The Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules. Pretty simple, really.

1KW 04-10-2009 08:20 PM

Its the economy :sigh:

The Princeton, NJ area has no Hi FI or home theater show rooms, which may mean no market for this stuff anymore except for the few of us here :yes:

I was off yesterday and killed a few hours going to a few dealers. I went to a Mcintosh dealer yesterday, World Wide Stereo in Montgomeryville PA. I was the only customer in the store. This store is all about Low Fi now. I mean except for one room there was nothing I would even want to buy. I was also at HI FI House and I was the only customer in the store .

PHC1 04-10-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2uberoller (Post 2172)
Its the economy :sigh:

The Princeton, NJ area has no Hi FI or home theater show rooms, which may mean no market for this stuff anymore except for the few of us here :yes:

I was off yesterday and killed a few hours going to a few dealers. I went to a Mcintosh dealer yesterday, World Wide Stereo in Montgomeryville PA. I was the only customer in the store. This store is all about Low Fi now. I mean except for one room there was nothing I would even want to buy. I was also at HI FI House and I was the only customer in the store .

You should attend one of their special events they hold fairly often. Transparent guys, Dave Wilson from Wilson Audio, Dan D'Agostino from Krell, Sumiko guys, etc... You'll see crazed audiophiles come out of the woods on those evenings. The place is always packed for those events. :yes:

1KW 04-10-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 2212)
You should attend one of their special events they hold fairly often. Transparent guys, Dave Wilson from Wilson Audio, Dan D'Agostino from Krell, Sumiko guys, etc... You'll see crazed audiophiles come out of the woods on those evenings. The place is always packed for those events. :yes:

"crazed audiophiles come out of the woods "

I love that line...:confused-13:

-E- 04-10-2009 09:47 PM

Question is: do those crazed audiophiles actually buy something at these events?

Misterdoggy 04-19-2009 05:42 PM

just a note to weigh in

The 861 has the best preamp sound of any processor I have ever owned. Thats besides being a great processor on its own.

I went to Denon AVP because it had a lot of things that weren't offered on the 861 ie: upscaling hdmi 1.3, tons of stuff like a rocket ship.

But for pure sound its hard to beat.

PHC1 04-19-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuvius (Post 2254)
Question is: do those crazed audiophiles actually buy something at these events?

The dealer would have closed a long time ago if they didn't buy something at some point.

olli_1963 07-16-2009 04:23 AM

I owned a 501 integrated and 506.24 CDP and used it with Chario Academy Millenium 1 speakers for about 8 years and was very happy with it.
Then I got crazy and went to Ayon Audio tubes.:nono:
The biggest mistake in my 35 years of being in audio.
The Ayon amp was 3 !!! times at Ayon to fix problem such as mch too high bias or defective channels (no sound).:icon_thumbsdown:
I should have kept my Meridians.

But this experience led me to McIntosh.
And now there is no way back.