AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Events & Demos (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Best Hi Fi show? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44718)

SCAudiophile 12-27-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue (Post 946480)
If you haven't been to the High End Show in Munich you're in for a treat. I've been there 5 times and will not miss 2019.

Thanks BigBlue...flights and hotel are set,...see y'all there [emoji2]

For The Love of Music 12-28-2018 01:05 AM

Best Hi Fi show?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 946423)
Oh boy...I was all set to hit RMAF but now I'm thinking.....[emoji2]

OP/ Mark - if I go to anything next year, it will be Munich

RMAF in Denver is well worth it and they have changed venues to a newly constructed resort for 2019

aardvarkbark 01-02-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitator (Post 946430)
How does RMAF, Munich and Japan sound!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 946508)
Expensive but fun!!!

I'm contemplating same, leaning toward RMAF once in new venue.

What are attendees' thoughts on the expense range represented at RMAF vs AXPONA vs Munich? I'd rather attend a show that allows me to hear some of the best gear on the market, but isn't limited to only the highest of the high end gear, which will forever be beyond my budget. I'd prefer a show that represents a fairly broad spectrum of prices.

SCAudiophile 01-02-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 946536)
OP/ Mark - if I go to anything next year, it will be Munich

RMAF in Denver is well worth it and they have changed venues to a newly constructed resort for 2019

If you hit Munich, let me know, we can surf systems/rooms and grab dinner!

Levitator 01-02-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardvarkbark (Post 947360)
I'm contemplating same, leaning toward RMAF once in new venue.

What are attendees' thoughts on the expense range represented at RMAF vs AXPONA vs Munich? I'd rather attend a show that allows me to hear some of the best gear on the market, but isn't limited to only the highest of the high end gear, which will forever be beyond my budget. I'd prefer a show that represents a fairly broad spectrum of prices.

Agree - I’d also add that organisation, facilities, accommodation and transport and accommodation options are also important for the overall experience. I’d expect for these type of events they should be well run, all offer local hotel discounts and regular transportation options to the event but sometimes I’m surprised at the lack of these things for major events and this can put a dint in the overall experience. If anyone can offer any thoughts on this as well it would be appreciated...

audioguy3107 01-02-2019 07:10 PM

I’ll put in a plug here for RMAF, I can’t wait to see the new resort.....it looks a million times nicer than the tech center Marriott of years past. I was so thrilled with the pics that I’m turning it into a family weekend.....bringing the wife and kids and the grandparents may tag along as well. Looks like they’ll hVe an outstanding outdoor water area for kids, spa for the wife and several good restaurants to choose from too. I just looks so much more inviting than the tech center. Anyway, we’re already booked and really looking forward to it.

- Buck

crwilli 01-02-2019 08:04 PM

Quick aside - the Gaylord is publishing $532 per night plus 2.5% and $23 per person per soon resort fee for two adults. I was interested in attending until It totaled to over $1300 for three nights. Seriously?

audioguy3107 01-02-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 947427)
Quick aside - the Gaylord is publishing $532 per night plus 2.5% and $23 per person per soon resort fee for two adults. I was interested in attending until It totaled to over $1300 for three nights. Seriously?

That doesn't sound right, we booked ours about a month ago and it wasn't anywhere near that price. That's getting close to Ritz Carlton prices......I'd have to look but I believe we booked for around $210 a night. Do you know if RMAF has their discounted "block" of rooms up yet?

- Buck

2fastdriving 01-02-2019 10:37 PM

I just booked 2 nights for 680 total , a week ago.

mtrot 01-02-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 947427)

I booked on 12/14 at $220/night, $565 total(parking is extra). I just checked on Marriott.com and they are showing rooms starting at $246/night.