AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Music Reviews (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   New Music Review Forum! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34866)

Masterlu 02-21-2016 10:09 PM

New Music Review Forum!

Our New Music Review Forum is...

http://www.entrepreneurialwoman.ca/c...gnNeon_rev.jpg

Randy Myers 02-21-2016 10:15 PM

Very cool Ivan, and great idea....

djwhog 02-21-2016 10:25 PM

Thanks so much for this Ivan, I think we have more than enough great folks here to compete with the big boy publications and I for one am interested in the music for the material, the format options, and the level grade of the recording material etc.

I have in the past put a few... well more than a few notes into the What Are You Listening too section... but and sorry folks for the clutter at times.. but this will be more of what I would like to have to help others and have many others help me in selecting new music.

Again thanks so much :)

scirica 02-21-2016 10:46 PM

Looking forward to the submissions!

audioguy3107 02-21-2016 11:40 PM

Suggestion: it would probably be pretty helpful if we all could agree on a format for thread titles so it will be easy to scroll through and find what you're looking for (I know the search can do this of course, but for those browsing through the reviews). I would suggest something like this:

Rush - Moving Pictures, 1982 Redbook CD, original issue

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms, 2014 MFSL Vinyl Reissue 33 RPM

Holly Cole - Temptation, 1995 Classic Records 45 RPM vinyl Box Set

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People, 1992 Warner Brothers DVD-Audio

This way it'll be easy to see what someone is referencing rather than just an album title an artist.

- Buck

djwhog 02-21-2016 11:52 PM

Buck, very good I agree and that is my inclination too. Should have the release date,version, media format etc from cd to flac, 96-192k to DSD etc.stereo, mono, hybrid, surround 5.1 etc..

Maybe even some bio review info on the artist from sources like last.fm etc.

It is nice to have some insight on the artist that they have collaborated with too as well as maybe other similar artist in that genre.

Any and all input greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

audioguy3107 02-21-2016 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwhog (Post 761731)
Buck, very good I agree and that is my inclination too. Should have the release date,version, media format etc from cd to flac, 96-192k to DSD etc.stereo, mono, hybrid, surround 5.1 etc..

Maybe even some bio review info on the artist from sources like last.fm etc.

It is nice to have some insight on the artist that they have collaborated with too as well as maybe other similar artist in that genre.

Any and all input greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Yep, I agree....my suggestion was just for the thread title itself. It would be neat if you could go into the forum and see all the thread titles nice and organize like that. In the body of the review it would most definitely be helpful to include those things. I did several in depth reviews last year.....I think I'll copy and paste one to kick off the review forum if anyone would like to use one of them as a sort of template.

- Buck

Masterlu 02-22-2016 12:01 AM

I'll search the forum for previous music reviews, and move them here too! :ok:

audioguy3107 02-22-2016 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 761736)
I'll search the forum for previous music reviews, and move them here too! :ok:

Ivan - Good idea....would it be possible to change the thread title to reflect what we've suggested (at least artist, album title, vinyl, HD Track, etc if you can tell of course). I just posted an example of a review I did. Keeping it neat and tidy would be greatly helpful for readers.

- Buck

Alki 02-22-2016 12:13 AM

As there may be reviews for artists that may not be known to some maybe we can create headings in the forum by genre. Alternatively we could put the genre in the title. I think the sub headings would be better. Just a though to make things easier as we do not have to sift through reviews if the genre is of no interest to the reader.