AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   New deltas are coming... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37083)

Allman779 09-22-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 804735)
Class A/B. Heard them at CEDIA demo.

Kal,

Any (early) thoughts?

Patrick Butler 09-22-2016 08:59 AM

Hi silvertone,

I've seen the test data comparing the upcoming Delta Mono versus the CA-M600. Both the noise floor and distortion have been lowered. Have a listen when they become available. After spending two weeks with the new designs I switched back to our trusty CA-M600s (which were thoroughly warmed up and broken in.) The differences were quite apparent.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertone (Post 804746)
Thanks, Kal.

I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of the new Levinson No 536 mono blocks. I guess I'll wait for these to be available and take a listen

I wonder if Classe managed to lower the noise floor and THD for these new units compared to their previous delta offerings, if they have then these new amps would be setting a benchmark for measured performance, but the proof will be in the listening :music:

Kal Rubinson 09-22-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allman77 (Post 804843)
Kal,

Any (early) thoughts?

I listened to it with the new 800D3s in a strange room with many people rustling around and talking in the back, so I cannot say anything useful. Plenty of clarity and impact but, also, an annoying room mode. Nothing negative about the components, though.

ylee 09-22-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Butler (Post 804854)
Hi silvertone,

I've seen the test data comparing the upcoming Delta Mono versus the CA-M600. Both the noise floor and distortion have been lowered. Have a listen when they become available. After spending two weeks with the new designs I switched back to our trusty CA-M600s (which were thoroughly warmed up and broken in.) The differences were quite apparent.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
B&W Group North America

Glad Classe is making the move to lower noise floor. Recent products by Ayre, Benchmark, and Audio Research have significantly higher S/N ratios and the difference is audible.

joey_v 09-23-2016 08:08 AM

The m600 was already one stellar measuring amp... I look forward to the new delta monos.

silvertone 09-23-2016 09:30 PM

Specs

Does anyone know the power rating of these new amps?

silvertone 09-23-2016 10:36 PM

Specifications

Patrick,

Could you share some specs on these units yet? Power rating, current delivery, etc? How soon in 2017 will they be available?

Thanks!!

Patrick Butler 09-24-2016 08:27 AM

Hi silvertone,

While unsure about an exact date, my guess is that Classé would be delivering new Delta series components at the end of Q1 2017. That's not an official launch date, but a "guesstimate" based on past experiences.

Given the amount of work that has gone into the new amplifiers, I think it's only fitting to let Classé make their complete announcement (the technical brief will be lengthy) when they are ready. I think you'll be pleased.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertone (Post 805128)
Patrick,

Could you share some specs on these units yet? Power rating, current delivery, etc? How soon in 2017 will they be available?

Thanks!!

Patrick Butler 09-24-2016 08:29 AM

Very true. Unless you were in the room early in the morning (like I was to setup the system) there was too much noise from conversations to really have a listen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 804855)
I listened to it with the new 800D3s in a strange room with many people rustling around and talking in the back, so I cannot say anything useful. Plenty of clarity and impact but, also, an annoying room mode. Nothing negative about the components, though.

Mike-48 09-24-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Butler (Post 804854)
I've seen the test data comparing the upcoming Delta Mono versus the CA-M600. Both the noise floor and distortion have been lowered. ...

Patrick,

Can you say anything about fan noise? In my room, I found that the fan was audible once the amp (CA-2300) heated up a bit. Has it been reduced? It would seem appropriate to handle this, if Classe are working on electronic noise, which is probably 90 or 100 dB down already, even in the old models.

Mike