AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   DeVore Fidelity (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Comments sought on new Orangutan o/96 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10610)

FranklinLG 10-29-2011 12:35 PM

Hey there one and all. I'm about to pull the trigger and put down payment on a set of orangutans. So I'm looking to get some real world input from current owners and others who've really had the time to listen to these speakers.

FWIW, I'm working with Matt in San Fran and he's been great to deal with. I currently have:

* Zu essence speakers
* Leben r100u pre and rs30-eq phono
* Havana dac
* rega p9/ koetsu vermillion
* Sophia Electric 300B monos
* separate ht pre-pro front end for ht usage.

Any input you can provide would e appreciated. I'm interested in learning more about why you switched, what you switched from, what your experiences are like with the O's, what you like or don't like, what's your overall opinion, etc.

Ultimately, my system does triple duty - home theater, digital streaming, and vinyl. so I need it to run the gamut.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort sharing about this!

Jonathan

Submitted via my iPhone a.afficianado app!

cmalak 10-29-2011 02:11 PM

Jonathan (FranklinLG)...welcome to AA by the way :wave: Hope you join us as a subscriber soon too. Many added benefits.

In any case, while I have not heard the DeVore O's personally, I am a big fan of John's speakers (Super 8, 9, and the SilverBacks). I thought I would attach this link on a thread started in Agon on the DeVore Orangutan's that have a lot of user feedback. Hope this helps: AudiogoN Forums: DeVore Orangutan O/96

FranklinLG 10-29-2011 02:38 PM

Cmalak,

Thanks. I actually found that one before. But it's somewhat stale now With no new info.

And I will likely pay the tribute fee. Still soaking it all in. I appreciate the level of more calm and professionalism here. Some other forums get hostile and or abusive fast... And, more importantly, folks here seem to be looking at or own items in a similar price range and budget. That makes a huge difference, as I don't need to know about moding my p3...

Again, thanks for the welcome.

joent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Puma Cat 10-29-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranklinLG (Post 221522)
Hey there one and all. I'm about to pull the trigger and put down payment on a set of orangutans. So I'm looking to get some real world input from current owners and others who've really had the time to listen to these speakers.

FWIW, I'm working with Matt in San Fran and he's been great to deal with. I currently have:

* Zu essence speakers
* Leben r100u pre and rs30-eq phono
* Havana dac
* rega p9/ koetsu vermillion
* Sophia Electric 300B monos
* separate ht pre-pro front end for ht usage.

Any input you can provide would e appreciated. I'm interested in learning more about why you switched, what you switched from, what your experiences are like with the O's, what you like or don't like, what's your overall opinion, etc.

Ultimately, my system does triple duty - home theater, digital streaming, and vinyl. so I need it to run the gamut.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort sharing about this!

Jonathan

Submitted via my iPhone a.afficianado app!

Nice TT, Jonathan...I have a Vermiliion as well.

cmalak 10-29-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranklinLG (Post 221565)
Cmalak,

Thanks. I actually found that one before. But it's somewhat stale now With no new info.

And I will likely pay the tribute fee. Still soaking it all in. I appreciate the level of more calm and professionalism here. Some other forums get hostile and or abusive fast... And, more importantly, folks here seem to be looking at or own items in a similar price range and budget. That makes a huge difference, as I don't need to know about moding my p3...

Again, thanks for the welcome.

Jonathan...the growth on this site has been phenomenal so maybe some of the newer members who have joined recently have the Devore O's and they will join in and speak up. I have not seen anyone explicitly talk about them as of yet on AA so I will follow this thread with interest in case you get folks to add on. Good luck with your evaluation of the Orangutans.

Very nice system by the way :thumbsup:

FranklinLG 10-29-2011 03:15 PM

Thanks. This. Is my second cartridge. My first one was modified by my three year old. So I have a completely rebuild by koetsu. It's now and break in mode. I am thoroughly enjoying it.