AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hey got my 10 postings in so (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=35267)

Mercury3 03-26-2016 02:50 PM

Hey got my 10 postings in so

thought I'd quick say hi to everyone.

I stumbled upon this site while doing a search on the McIntosh MCD1100 and I noticed this site has a little bit of everything. I've owned a lot of the brands and equipment listed so thought I'd quick get my 10 postings in and be available to offer opinions. Opinions are just that though and I probably have some bias towards certain equipment over others same as most people.

I live in the Denver area and been an audiophile since my early 20's. In the olden days I started out building some of those David Hafler power amp kits as well as some electronic crossover kits etc. Back then there was also a company called Speakerlab offering speaker building kits. I think ever since then I had the bug of DIY.

I've also bought and owned some other good speakers over the years. My first cool set of speakers was a pair of Altec Model 19's with that BIG sound. Sometimes I still miss those.

I had a pair of Acoustat 2+2's for a number of years and have owned two pairs of B&W 801 series 2's.

Besides those most of what I've owned are my own builds.

As I posted in one of the other threads is I've had an obsession with power amps. I've easily went through more than 20 in the last three years. Maybe closer to 25. I just have a "thing" for them and jokingly tell the wife she can sleep in the guest room because I'm putting that new power amp in her spot on the bed.

Well it's a fun hobby but I sure have spent an awful lot of money. There are worse things to spend it on though.

Thanks everyone,
Mark

jdandy 03-26-2016 02:57 PM

Mark.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

Alki 03-26-2016 03:15 PM

Hi Mark, welcome to AA. I get your comments about the power amp and wife. My wife suggests that the only thing I really care about in the house is my audio equipment.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Stretch 03-26-2016 06:45 PM

Hi Mark, welcome to AA.

Stretch 03-26-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 769758)
My wife suggests that the only thing I really care about in the house is my audio equipment.

Harsh and surely not true Alki. I'm sure you also care about all your records/cd's/dvd's/blu-ray/etc.

Alki 03-26-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretch (Post 769801)

Harsh and surely not true Alki. I'm sure you also care about all your records/cd's/dvd's/blu-ray/etc.

LOL, I may have to use that line on her but then it would get me banished to the man cave......................on second thought I will have to use that line on her.

MasterLuJr 03-26-2016 07:54 PM

Welcome to the site!

Yamaki 03-26-2016 09:35 PM

Welcome to the forum, Mark.

Mercury3 03-27-2016 05:18 AM

Thanks everyone!

bart 03-27-2016 04:42 PM

Mark, a hearty welcome to AA!
Looking forward to your posts.