AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Brand New P12/P15 have been introduced. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42194)

John49 02-16-2018 10:25 PM

My PS Audio dealer is very helpful in getting their equipment to me for home trial, so I may get a DSP10 to see what it does better than a P10 in due course. May be later than April in the UK.

For The Love of Music 02-17-2018 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 899954)
My PS Audio dealer is very helpful in getting their equipment to me for home trial, so I may get a DSP10 to see what it does better than a P10 in due course. May be later than April in the UK.

Cool to hear your thoughts later down the road

For The Love of Music 02-17-2018 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 899854)
Are there competitors? I don't know of any other actual ac regenerator products as hefty as the p10. There may be, but not "plenty".

Very satisfied with the P10, especially tonight when am able to see my voltage in is 118ish and out is at a steady 120.6

We don’t see power outs unless bad weather then all units shuts down.

greekgod 02-20-2018 04:41 AM

I honestly don't see why I should pay those prices when Bryston/Torus Power offers such incredible performance at a more affordable price. Do the PS Audio products really yield any sonic advantages over the Bryston/Torus Power products? If so, how much?

ylee 02-20-2018 11:08 AM

When cables and interconnects cost tens of thousands of dollars, it's very conceivable power regenerators as well as conditioners cost in similar price territories. Other companies like AudioQuest, Shunyata, and Audience sell power conditioners at similar price points. A full monte Shunyata system will set you back 20 grand. Transparent sells an even more expensive conditioner.

The main question I have with these specific PS Audio units is are they scaled down versions of the PS20? I like the high number of sockets available with the PS 20 and would opt for it for that reason alone.

PHC1 02-20-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgod (Post 900844)
I honestly don't see why I should pay those prices when Bryston/Torus Power offers such incredible performance at a more affordable price. Do the PS Audio products really yield any sonic advantages over the Bryston/Torus Power products? If so, how much?

Keces at even lower prices looks suspiciously similar to Torus. Keces is a major supplier of toroidal transformers to others...so.... :smoking:

audio bill 02-20-2018 12:31 PM

One point to keep in mind regarding relative pricing is that the PS Audio products being discussed are true AC regenerators, while some of the others mentioned are isolation transformers or passive power filters. Each has different potential benefits and trade-offs depending upon your specific system and power requirements.

PHC1 02-20-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 900878)
One point to keep in mind regarding relative pricing is that the PS Audio products being discussed are true AC regenerators, while some of the others mentioned are isolation transformers or passive power filters. Each has different potential benefits and trade-offs depending upon your specific system and power requirements.

Yep.

2fastdriving 02-20-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgod (Post 900844)

Like audio bill mentioned, these aren't directly comparable. Passive filters can improve the existing ac waveform but cannot give you voltage you don't have. In my case, I've seen my voltage swing wildly, as low as 111v. The p10 has been a great upgrade for me, over a passive filter that I had been using.

jayvis 02-20-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 900881)
Like audio bill mentioned, these aren't directly comparable. Passive filters can improve the existing ac waveform but cannot give you voltage you don't have. In my case, I've seen my voltage swing wildly, as low as 111v. The p10 has been a great upgrade for me, over a passive filter that I had been using.

I've auditioned both types in the same system and experienced very little if any difference in sound quality.