AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Ye' Old Workshop (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Planning any Summer Projects??? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39839)

Masterlu 04-10-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpetersen (Post 1073589)
That is a project! I plan to do the same (on a smaller scale) to the kids' bathroom while everyone is at the lake.

That is also the best time to sneak in some new audio gear!

('You don't remember those speakers? Really??')

:roflmao:

vintage_tube 12-23-2023 10:20 AM

9 Attachment(s)
As 2023 comes to a close, this year entailed multiple projects concerning the home which was purchased in 1994:

1. Remove carpet & underlayment in living room and replace with white oak hardwoods and sand/refinish remainder of 1st floor in same stain color & coating. This was a huge project in that the refrigerator, all furniture & stereo would be relocated either in the garage or upstairs.
2. Remove outside Masonite siding & trim boards and replace with Hardie Plank. Paint using Sherwin-Williams products. Coordinate with Progress Energy authorized electricians to remove existing power panel & allow siding contractors to remove Masonite and install HP. Afterwards, reattach power panel to side of house.
3. Install a new 20 foot "L" shaped section of gutters.
4. Remove 28 windows & install Simonton 5050 Reflection series incorporating low E glass, double hung fully tilting upper/lower sash, dual cam & 1/2 screened.
5. Paint all white trim on 1st floor and paint dining room.
6. Professionally apply epoxy paint with 120 pounds of vinyl flake in garage.
7. Install 2 crawl space fans - at east & south side of house & attach to existing outside vents. The area is dry but doesn't hurt to have additional airflow.
8. Replace existing pull light in crawl space and install dual pull lights & AC outlets at east & south sides. Install dual switches at entrance way to turn on/off either pull lights or AC outlets.
9. Replace front door sidelights with vinyl product.
10. Have granite crack repaired (from prior painter who stepped on corner near stovetop)'
11. Remove & reglue/re-caulk undermount sink in kitchen.

Best to all,

Bob

jimtranr 12-23-2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 1079387)
As 2023 comes to a close, this year entailed multiple projects concerning the home which was purchased in 1994:

1. Remove carpet & underlayment in living room and replace with white oak hardwoods and sand/refinish remainder of 1st floor in same stain color & coating. This was a huge project in that the refrigerator, all furniture & stereo would be relocated either in the garage or upstairs.
2. Remove outside Masonite siding & trim boards and replace with Hardie Plank. Paint using Sherwin-Williams products. Coordinate with Progress Energy authorized electricians to remove existing power panel & allow siding contractors to remove Masonite and install HP. Afterwards, reattach power panel to side of house.
3. Install a new 20 foot "L" shaped section of gutters.
4. Remove 28 windows & install Simonton 5050 Reflection series incorporating low E glass, double hung fully tilting upper/lower sash, dual cam & 1/2 screened.
5. Paint all white trim on 1st floor and paint dining room.
6. Professionally apply epoxy paint with 120 pounds of vinyl flake in garage.
7. Install 2 crawl space fans - at east & south side of house & attach to existing outside vents. The area is dry but doesn't hurt to have additional airflow.
8. Replace existing pull light in crawl space and install dual pull lights & AC outlets at east & south sides. Install dual switches at entrance way to turn on/off either pull lights or AC outlets.
9. Replace front door sidelights with vinyl product.
10. Have granite crack repaired (from prior painter who stepped on corner near stovetop)'
11. Remove & reglue/re-caulk undermount sink in kitchen.

Best to all,

Bob

Do you ever sleep? :D

Congrats on a--and this is understatement--productive year.

Formerly YB-2 12-23-2023 12:28 PM

Please.............. don't remind me of the projects I did not get finished this year and are now "forwarded" into 2024.

vintage_tube 12-23-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtranr (Post 1079391)
Do you ever sleep? :D Congrats on a--and this is understatement--productive year.

Thanks Jim -- it was necessary IMO -- hardest was talking the wife into the new windows & siding. She's a believer now though.:yes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1079393)
Please.............. don't remind me of the projects I did not get finished this year and are now "forwarded" into 2024.

Time does creep up on oneself rather quick like.

Best Sirs,

Bob

clpetersen 12-23-2023 09:39 PM

We are adding an attached storage room to one side of the house. Will be made to look as part of the home. I am not doing the work, just bringing a checkbook to this project.

Or I could just get rid of some stuff. Nah.