AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Headphones, Personal Listening Gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Best Closed Back Headphones (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33277)

Toccata 09-26-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 932855)
They don’t have the weight of the Audeze (in both senses) but are very comfortable and sound great. You’ll enjoy them with your classical.

I certainly do!

byronmup 05-04-2019 12:42 PM

Best Closed Back Headphones

if you dont need an external amp, the Sennheiser Momentum Over ears and the HD 598s are excellent for the range and are on a ridiculous sale right now

Formerly YB-2 05-04-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mille162 (Post 933004)
Focal Utopia will have a closed back (and less expensive) model debuting at CES this year. The rep told me AD’s might have details as early as October.

While less than the Utopia ($500), the Stellia is still an expensive headphone. I find Focal headphones to be comfortable for long-term listening.

George Prentice 05-25-2020 12:23 PM

I have several high end head amps and headphones: Audeze, Beyerdynamic T1, Focal Utopia on the way and others. I used Ultrasone Edition 8 for a couple years for travel. But ultimately I use Bose Quietcomfort 35. I traveled a couple weeks a month, China, Japan, Europe, Mexico... The Bose are not accurate, but are incredible pleasing, enjoyable to listen to. It is a completely different take on sound. I would sometimes just turn on the noise canceling with no input. I never would be in a plane in the air without them on. Planes are horribly noisy, these take care of that... end of the discomfort. Also, no wires... what a blessing. Daydreaming out a hotel window, they are great. I have audiophile headphones and system for home... but never am without the 35’s when traveling... also think iPad in room to watch movies.

Bachtoven 10-08-2023 03:04 PM

I don’t know if they are the “best” but I certainly enjoy my Focal Stellia headphones. They are very detailed yet warm, not to mention comfortable, which is than I can say about my Audeze LCD XC phones!

robfine 10-26-2023 09:04 AM

Harmon did right with Mark Levinson HPs

About a year ago I picked up a set of Mark Levinson wireless headphones- mostly for travel. Not inexpensive but not exorbitant either at just about a grand. First- they are very comfortable and light. So much so that I found myself falling asleep as I was wearing them while breaking them in. I can’t tell you that the sound is the very best I’ve heard at the bottom, or at the top. But I can say they are very well balanced and very good at the bottom and top- making them sound very natural and overall, IMO, an excellent choice. Certainly the best application of bluetooth I’ve heard and wired, that much better. Noise cancelling works very well as well. If you spend much time in the air or on rail, or just want really good sound while moving around, these are certainly worth a listen.