AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New Venere "S" Model (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32379)

esteban 07-16-2015 10:30 AM

New Venere "S" Model

A new, fourth model in the Venere line has been announced: the Venere S.

This one is "made in Italy", and this fact is prominently displayed on Sonus faber's home page:

• High end loudspeakers - Sonus Faber sound systems and for luxury home theater

I suppose they did listen to our complaining, then? :D

(As for the looks... well... again, not my cup of tea...)

audionewbie 07-16-2015 02:17 PM

Newbie posting for the first time ...

I recently picked up a pair of Venere 3.0 from Magnolia/Best Buy for USD $2K because it was floor model with no box. No scratches on the speakers. Everything is fine.

Is it a good buy at all? I understand the "Made in China" stigma is not good but beyond that, is there anything wrong with the Venere 3.0?

Also picked up the Venere Center. I heard mixed feedback about it. If I don't get that, what center should I pair up my 3.0 with (assuming that I"m keeping it).

Thanks.

Venere 07-17-2015 01:04 PM

I bought my 3.0s from Magnolia after much auditioning against similarly priced B&W and Martin Logan products. No other high end dealers in my area to try other speakers. I like the way they sounded and the way they looked, and I always wanted to own a pair of SFs. I am very happy with them and listen to the for hours at a time. Mostly used for two channel audio but occasionally use them for movies too. No center or sub, just simple stereo setup. All the reviews were excellent when they were introduced. I can assure you there is nothing "wrong" with them, but whether the fit your needs and your taste is a question only you can answer after comparing them to their competition. Hopefully you did all this prior to purchasing as I did. Btw, the made in China thing doesnt bother me. Some day I will upgrade to SFs made in Italy, but for now I am quite happy with the 3.0s.

GeAllan70 07-17-2015 06:26 PM

3's Are nice, the 'S' will definitely be worth a listen.

Thankful i didn't buy the Brystons yet....

G

Masterlu 07-17-2015 09:12 PM

audionewbie... Welcome to AA! :wave:

audionewbie 12-01-2015 07:25 PM

B&W or GoldenEar in-ceiling for Venere 3.0?

A different topic. I'm looking for a pair of surround speakers to pair up with my Venere 3.0 up front. I can't go with Venere for surround because my home layout doesn't allow.

So, here's the list I'm considering.

1. B&W CCM683
2. Golden Ear Invisa 650

THoughts?

Thanks.

JWJW 12-28-2015 01:11 AM

Has anyone tried the S yet? Curious how they sound. :scratch2: They look spectacular.

shindo 01-27-2016 06:19 PM

I listened to the S's yesterday and was quite impressed. They have the SF warmth and good bit of low end. These are quite large speakers but surprisingly light. I could live with them.
I then listened to the OIII's yup I'm still in love. While the S's were very good the OIII's had much better detail more dynamic with out being overdone. The II's or III's will be going home with me along with afree pair of Prymas:banana:

Venere 01-28-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shindo (Post 756279)
I listened to the S's yesterday and was quite impressed. They have the SF warmth and good bit of low end. These are quite large speakers but surprisingly light. I could live with them. I then listened to the OIII's yup I'm still in love. While the S's were very good the OIII's had much better detail more dynamic with out being overdone. The II's or III's will be going home with me along with afree paire of Prymas:banana:

Shindo, have you heard the Ii's and Iii's side by side? If so, care to comment on pros and cons. Either one is a stretch for me, but the Ii's would obviously save me a few bucks. And theres something about the simplicity of the three driver three-way setup that atracts me to the Ii's both conceptually and aestetically. Is it possible that the Ii's are the better value and sweet spot of the line?

JWJW 01-29-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shindo (Post 756279)
I listened to the S's yesterday and was quite impressed. They have the SF warmth and good bit of low end. These are quite large speakers but surprisingly light. I could live with them.
I then listened to the OIII's yup I'm still in love. While the S's were very good the OIII's had much better detail more dynamic with out being overdone. The II's or III's will be going home with me along with afree paire of Prymas:banana:

Sweet! Congrats! :thumbsup: