AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Innovation - speed drop (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=22748)

fgchong 08-30-2013 09:53 PM

Innovation - speed drop

The speed of my Innovation turntable reduced as much as 10% after a couple of weeks and each time I need to re-oiled the shaft to get back to the actual speed.

Just wonder any owner of this turntable encountered such problem.

Thank You

Masterlu 08-30-2013 10:34 PM

I own two of them, and never experienced such an event.

fgchong 08-31-2013 04:40 AM

Didn't really hear the difference in sonic at reduced revolutions and if not for the strobe gun, I wouldn't notice the drop in speed. It is supposed to be a closed loop DC speed control and in general better than any typical ac drive unit. Will get a external ac motor unit to test out the turning table.

Pojuojuo 09-04-2013 04:33 AM

Did you made the break-in period?

I recommend you to spin the platter at least 4 nights and then check the speed accuracy.

I also recommend you to check the wow/flutter values (you can use the Adjust+ LP and App of Dr Feickert) to get more information. Maybe there is a problem in the axis or some kind of rub

fgchong 09-04-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pojuojuo (Post 527724)
Did you made the break-in period?

I recommend you to spin the platter at least 4 nights and then check the speed accuracy.

I also recommend you to check the wow/flutter values (you can use the Adjust+ LP and App of Dr Feickert) to get more information. Maybe there is a problem in the axis or some kind of rub

This turntable is about 4 months old and I used to play about 2 - 3 hours a day for at least 5 times a week.

I have written to Clearaudio yesterday evening and awaiting for their reply.

Meanwhile will try your recommendation...

Thank You

Pojuojuo 09-04-2013 06:27 AM

I was playing home some months ago a Thales turntable and it had an axis problem (not straight) and wow/flutter values were too high. After some repairing time by the manufacturer it now plays perfectly.

They usually are fast answering (no more than 24hours).

Good luck

rockitman 11-25-2013 02:22 PM

Clearaudio recently introduced their ACCU Drive for the innovation series. It is a battery powered power supply for innovation. Presumably much better pitch stability and a possibly quieter motor which translates to a lower noise floor. I will have mine this Tuesday and will report back.

Power generators | clearaudio Accu Drive | clean power, controlled speed, synchronous motor, problems, constant, turntable, Emotion, Emotion SE, Performance, Performance SE

I have never heard of the bearing needed to be oiled so much. Are you sure nothing is rubbing or if you have too much weight via a clamp and outer ring perhaps the magnetic bearing suspension has been maxed out ? also, make sure the table is level. If you still have issues, get it serviced. The motor may be going bad.

willyjack 11-25-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockitman (Post 554195)
Clearaudio recently introduced their ACCU Drive for the innovation series. It is a battery powered power supply for innovation. Presumably much better pitch stability and a possibly quieter motor which translates to a lower noise floor. I will have mine this Tuesday and will report back.

Power generators | clearaudio Accu Drive | clean power, controlled speed, synchronous motor, problems, constant, turntable, Emotion, Emotion SE, Performance, Performance SE

I have never heard of the bearing needed to be oiled so much. Are you sure nothing is rubbing or if you have too much weight via a clamp and outer ring perhaps the magnetic bearing suspension has been maxed out ? also, make sure the table is level. If you still have issues, get it serviced. The motor may be going bad.

Looking forward to your impressions!

fgchong 12-02-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgchong (Post 526300)
The speed of my Innovation turntable reduced as much as 10% after a couple of weeks and each time I need to re-oiled the shaft to get back to the actual speed.

They finally found the problem and had the speed sensor and control card replaced last week. I got back the turntable last Saturday and happily spinning my favourite vinly over the weekend :banana::banana:

vaakko 12-04-2013 12:13 PM

rockitman, did you get the Accu Drive? Very interesting upgrade.