AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Just Smoking & Drinking (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   BEER lovers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16225)

banswee 09-24-2012 08:42 PM

BEER lovers
 
O-HIOOOOO! :D


This thread is for Beer lovers around the world! I been dying to try a Samuel Adams beer before BUT I was still stack with my old day to day beer-- Rolling rock pale, and pretty much beer that don't kick much (pale)

On Saturday I decided to try the SA Octoberfest http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...ctoberfest.jpg pics from the 'net


Oh, boy I'm glad I did.. This is very smooth, nicely balanced, good aroma Beer!:thumbsup: This actually reminds me of a beer from the Phillipines -- SAN MIGUEL BEER.. That beer can be purchased if you are in ASIA or in Europe.. I don't see it here in the US..


Anyone wants to add/share what kind of Beer do you love?

Keep 'em coming, I'll try it..

CAUTION: The Samuel Adams Octoberfest BEER, just after I had 2 bottles-- I feel like I was really bloated.. not good for someone who wants to consume 2-5 a night.. (not me :D)

Amfibius 09-24-2012 09:01 PM

I like ... Coopers Vintage Ale.

http://bythepint.com/sites/default/f...le.preview.jpg

This beer is made in a South Australian brewery in limited numbers. It is meant to be cellared like a wine. As you can see from the photo (see the particles hanging around the beer?) the beer is brewed in the bottle. Give it enough time and the yeast particles dissolve and make the beer so much more complex. A young Coopers Vintage is aromatic and yeasty and smells of freshly baked bread. I have a few beers from 2000 which I tasted recently - the most mellow beer I have ever tasted! This beer is pretty filling, one bottle and you feel full.

banswee 09-24-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amfibius (Post 369121)
I like ... Coopers Vintage Ale.

http://bythepint.com/sites/default/f...le.preview.jpg

This beer is made in a South Australian brewery in limited numbers. It is meant to be cellared like a wine. As you can see from the photo (see the particles hanging around the beer?) the beer is brewed in the bottle. Give it enough time and the yeast particles dissolve and make the beer so much more complex. A young Coopers Vintage is aromatic and yeasty and smells of freshly baked bread. I have a few beers from 2000 which I tasted recently - the most mellow beer I have ever tasted! This beer is pretty filling, one bottle and you feel full.


WOW! :thumbsup::banana: Thanks.. just by the amber looks, it sure is a winner


anyone knows if this is sold here in the US?

vintage_tube 09-24-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banswee (Post 369125)
anyone knows if this is sold here in the US?

Yes..but you really have to search deep -- found it in Nevada and Seattle.

Bottleworks: January 2011

Bob

Doug Lax 09-24-2012 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my Fav by far

Schneider Aventinus Doppelbock

Wasatch 09-24-2012 09:48 PM

Love brew's from: Stone, Surly, AleSmith, Deschutes, Central Waters, and Hair Of The Dog just to name a few.

Cheers!

Amfibius 09-24-2012 11:05 PM

Have to admit I can't stand VB but i'm sure you Americans would be tickled pink by this ad :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA1h9h7-_Z4]VB Victoria Bitter (Australian ad) 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

Recently they changed their recipe and replaced the byline "For a hard earned thirst you need a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is Vic. Vic Bitter" with "Vic Bitter - the drinking beer". They are trying to lose the working class association and move it upmarket.

Before the recipe change, the beer was more of a lager and was only slightly bitter. It was certainly easy to drink, and had more character than some of the carbonated beer flavoured cordial found on American shelves (e.g. Heineken and Coors). The newer recipe is actually not bad, but with so many excellent beers on our shelves there's no reason to drink it.

Oh, and here's another nice ad ... this time for Carlton Draught :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OK9kkyj4vw[/ame]

RoadDawgWest 09-25-2012 02:20 AM

I like stouts.
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout is my favorite.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--bOg2IJiO2...rial+Stout.jpg

Wasatch 09-25-2012 07:01 AM

A excellent one, at a pretty reasonable price.

Cheers!


Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 369226)
I like stouts.
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout is my favorite.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--bOg2IJiO2...rial+Stout.jpg


o0OBillO0o 09-25-2012 10:55 AM

When I get home I can wait to have some Clownshoes Brewery Tramp stamp

Laugh all you want for the name, the beer is excellent! Beeradvocate review

It's a Massachusetts local micro brew.
http://www.clownshoesbeer.com/wp-con...mp_450x315.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J8XVeoc_ck...ramp+Stamp.JPG


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.