AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Amati Futura - Piano Black (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45160)

TakeFive 02-19-2019 06:51 PM

Amati Futura - Piano Black

Has anyone seen the Sonus Faber Futura in the Piano Black finish? It is hard to tell the overall look of this speaker from the pictures due to high gloss finish, and wondering if how they look in person? Is the black on black (Black Gloss Finish with Anodized Black Top) too much of a good thing? Does the piano black take away from the Elegance of the Futura look?

I've heard through numerous sources that the chrome nickel tops can tarnish easily if not maintained regularly, so it has me looking for the black top Futuras. Unfortunately, I've only seen the Black Top in the Violin Red and Piano Black finishes, and am not a fan of the Violin Red. Unfortunately, I would have really liked the Graphite or Walnut finish, but it doesn't appear they ever produced these with the Anodized top. Being the Futuras are discontinued, my only luck is trying to find a pair on the used market at a reasonable price.

I listened to the Serafino Tradition and was not a fan of the new line. Thanks in advance.

joey_v 02-20-2019 09:17 AM

I have not seen in person, but I bet it would look great. The only problem is that piano black is a common finish and the Amatis being special would require (to me) a special finish. Like walnut or graphite.

TakeFive 02-20-2019 12:02 PM

I completely agree - the Walnut and Graphite are the best finishes on the Futuras and they discontinued them when they changed to the Black Anodized Top (from the nickel chrome top).

bodiezaffa 02-20-2019 12:57 PM

Amati Futura - Piano Black

I own Amati Futuras in piano black.
Bought new in 2017. Last production model before revamping the line. The finish is a deep as a Steinway. The top is mat black finish. I heard the chrome top had patina problems.

Mcvictory 02-20-2019 02:18 PM

I have no problems with patina or tarnishing on my red Futuras with chrome plates. Only a little bit dust cleaning once in a while and all is ok.

Graphite was way too dark for me and the walnut finish was looking nicer on photos than in reality.

TakeFive 02-20-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 954028)
I own Amati Futuras in piano black.
Bought new in 2017. Last production model before revamping the line. The finish is a deep as a Steinway. The top is mat black finish. I heard the chrome top had patina problems.

Thanks for your response and info. Could you post some photos of your Piano Black Futuras? Trying to get as many different angles as possible, if not too much trouble.

bodiezaffa 02-20-2019 02:30 PM

My pleasure. Give me a day or two. Just getting over a brutal cold.

TakeFive 02-20-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 954038)
My pleasure. Give me a day or two. Just getting over a brutal cold.

Thanks! Rest up and feel better. :thumbsup:

bigblue 02-20-2019 05:17 PM

:player1:I've got a pair in Graphite and they are helping me getting through with my flu.

TakeFive 02-20-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue (Post 954054)
:player1:I've got a pair in Graphite and they are helping me getting through with my flu.

Nice! I'm assuming your Graphite pair has the chrome nickel top?