AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Burmester Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Porsche Cayenne Burmester system? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45441)

zettelsm 03-27-2019 12:05 AM

Porsche Cayenne Burmester system?

Wondering if any of the AA folks have heard the Burmester system in the Porsche Cayenne, and if so, what they think of it. Haven’t found a dealer with one in stock yet.

Thanks,

Steve Z

Masterlu 03-27-2019 12:11 AM

Yes, definitely worth getting. Have it in my 911 Turbo S :music:

Formerly YB-2 03-27-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zettelsm (Post 958726)
Wondering if any of the AA folks have heard the Burmester system in the Porsche Cayenne, and if so, what they think of it. Haven’t found a dealer with one in stock yet.
Thanks,
Steve Z

Good luck with that. A friend had to order her's new and wait was several months to get same in her new Cayenne. The upside being she got exactly what see wanted.

Still-One 03-27-2019 10:43 AM

After two Cayennes in a row I decided to go with a X5 that I will pick up in the next few days. I didn’t go with any upscale sound system as I never listen to music in the car.

Heck in my 930 turbo listening to any radio was a waste of time. The exhaust was too loud.

crwilli 03-27-2019 12:01 PM

Porsche Cayenne Burmester system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 958758)
After two Cayennes in a row I decided to go with a X5 that I will pick up in the next few days. I didn’t go with any upscale sound system as I never listen to music in the car.

Heck in my 930 turbo listening to any radio was a waste of time. The exhaust was too loud.

Jim,

My wife and I are picking up an X5 in Spartanburg next week. The wife is excited about driving ‘on the track’. Me, not so much.

I did get the Harman Kardon option. Definitely a step up from the standard system.

Craig

Still-One 03-27-2019 12:26 PM

Craig
I ordered the X5 40i with M Sport design in Phytonic Blue with black interior. The car was built exactly two weeks from the day I ordered it. It arrived six days later and will have been sitting two weeks waiting for the plastic "bra" to be applied on Monday.

GreginNH1 03-27-2019 01:52 PM

It's certainly better than the Bose but pricey IMO. It sounds good in my Porsche. Kind of sticker shock though.......but easily justified when compared to the cost of a high end audio interconnect! :D

bart 03-27-2019 02:44 PM

One of the pleasures of driving is listening to music! :music:

Masterlu 03-27-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 958768)
Craig
I ordered the X5 40i with M Sport design in Phytonic Blue with black interior. The car was built exactly two weeks from the day I ordered it. It arrived six days later and will have been sitting two weeks waiting for the plastic "bra" to be applied on Monday.

Clear Shield is politically correct. :D

crwilli 03-27-2019 08:05 PM

[emoji38]