AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Momentum Preamp update (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45348)

Antonmb 03-15-2019 11:02 AM

Momentum Preamp update

1 Attachment(s)
Delivery of my new pre has been delayed a few weeks, according to the dealer because of the new update. just received this email from D'agostino this morning, and am waiting to confirm mine will be the new version.

Still-One 03-15-2019 11:21 AM

I just spoke to my dealer and am now making up my mind as to just update my current pre-amp or order a new one. The new one would better match the color and design of my M-400's.

Charles 03-15-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 957311)
I just spoke to my dealer and am now making up my mind as to just update my current pre-amp or order a new one. The new one would better match the color and design of my M-400's.

Jim, I'd go with the new preamp. You won't have to wait. You will have a new unit which will allow the electronics to break in together. I'm not sure an updated unit will be sonically equal to a new unit. Finally, I know the visual will be spectacular with the new unit as will be the sonics. Dags are the best. Congrats!

Still-One 03-15-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 957325)
Jim, I'd go with the new preamp. You won't have to wait. You will have a new unit which will allow the electronics to break in together. I'm not sure an updated unit will be sonically equal to a new unit. Finally, I know the visual will be spectacular with the new unit as will be the sonics. Dags are the best. Congrats!

The issue there is it will cost about over twice as much to accomplish this all depending on what I could get for my current pre-amp. You know who little fun it is attempting to sell higher prices gear over the net.

Charles 03-15-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 957327)
The issue there is it will cost about over twice as much to accomplish this all depending on what I could get for my current pre-amp. You know who little fun it is attempting to sell higher prices gear over the net.

Yes, I know but it only hurts for a little while. Once you get this beautiful piece in place, the hurt quickly dissipates. It's the suffering associated with the wait but there is the anticipation that helps to offset it. And it is absolutely beautiful and you will know that it is perfect on the inside and out. This is of course if can afford it. I have given up on ever being able to sell my equipment for a good price. I just don't have the touch. I know when I was doing all my upgrades the suffering was excruciating and it lasted for over a year. But now I am very happy. The pain is long since forgotten. Now I don't have nearly the system you do, except for possibly the speakers, but this preamp looks special to me.

audioguy3107 03-15-2019 06:58 PM

Charles- from what Bill told me at our D’agostino Event, the upgrade won’t be just a small upgrade, he said they would pretty much take out the innards of the current momentum and replace them with the new one, the only thing that would remain the same is the case, so unless I misunderstood him, you pretty much would be getting a new preamp minus the casework.

- Buck

Yamaki 03-15-2019 10:07 PM

Tony ... Hang In There!!!

Masterlu 03-15-2019 10:15 PM

Tony... time goes pretty fast when you’re not watching the clock. :D

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9d5f...itemid=5383047

For The Love of Music 03-15-2019 10:26 PM

Momentum Preamp update

New at $40K shipping sometime March 2019.

Yep, $7500 to upgrade the PreAmp to the level of a $40K PreAmp, and it is also the same amount to upgrade the 300’s in each’s, in the case of Monos.

I’m sure it’s well worth it for the sake of sound, but I am happy at the moment and will hang tight.

One note I appreciated is they indicated the “Momentum HD Preamplifier builds on the award winning platform” so I don’t feel like I should own a non worthy piece in my line up.

For The Love of Music 03-15-2019 10:29 PM

Momentum Preamp update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 957309)
Delivery of my new pre has been delayed a few weeks, according to the dealer because of the new update. just received this email from D'agostino this morning, and am waiting to confirm mine will be the new version.

Tony, the new one is at $40K, and if yours is not built they may ask you to kick in a tad more for the new one, and if it’s within budget, I’d press this issue or if they exceeded a delivery date by a wide margin then it will interesting to see how things are made right, let’s see how your buddy Han’s does if tasked.