AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Video (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Apple TV 4k (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40506)

phishphan 09-12-2017 04:48 PM

Apple TV 4k

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Apple finally caught up with the competition and released a new Apple TV that's 4K HDR. There's only 1 HDMI out, and no other audio out on the box. From what I've seen it'll have Netflix, and Amazon Prime as well as the proprietary iTunes interface.

I have a 4K Roku in my kids TV room, and a nvidia shield in my main room. I can't see myself buying one of these.

Garytn 09-12-2017 08:06 PM

Apple TV 4k

I tried the previous version and switched to Nvidia. 4k was just part of the reason. The Apple TV interfaced seamlessly with my Mac Mini, and it was super easy to set up. Once my AppleID was input, it was set up and ready to go. But, all the proprietary Apple BS got ridiculous. Nvidia is more flexible.

Puma Cat 09-12-2017 10:04 PM

Yeah, Apple talked about 4K video and wireless charging at their event today like it was a whole, brand-new thing.

Finally caught up the with competition is right...where have they been? Good grief.

Meanwhile, Apple VP Craig Federighi, sank to even lower lows than last years new Macbook Pro intro, literally making silly faces to his phone to show their animated Emojis...good lord.

I've never seen a more completely self-absorbed group of executives...they seem to live entirely in their own little world in their new Spaceship HQ.

Steve Jobs must be spinning in his grave...

Puma Cat 09-12-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garytn (Post 866835)
I tried the previous version and switched to Nvidia. 4k was just part of the reason. The Apple TV interfaced seamlessly with my Mac Mini, and it was super easy to set up. Once my AppleID was input, it was set up and ready to go. But, all the proprietary Apple BS got ridiculous. Nvidia is more flexible.

Apple continues to look to me like they are not thinking about all customers anymore...

Doug Lax 09-13-2017 12:55 PM

One good thing is that they have Dolby Vision as well as HDR . I will get one and my Nvidia is going down stairs. Also I don't like that Nvida wont let you out of Netflix or Amazon without asking you if you really want to

bart 09-13-2017 02:18 PM

Seems a promising device to me also.

Doug Lax 09-24-2017 05:42 PM

I just bought one and of course had to " Ivanize " it with an Audioquest NRG-1.5 power cable .

It seems to be more dynamic than the nvidia and the picture slightly better.

krustycat 09-24-2017 05:53 PM

Thank you for your comments, I will probably try one too.

JBT 09-24-2017 06:27 PM

I"m going to get one!

Chad.Wagner 09-24-2017 09:24 PM

I have an order in for one.

I have a Shield running Kodi and my Oppo 105D in the theater and moved the Roku running Plex to the great room. My old Apple TV will move to the kids TV in the family room.

Running Roon throughout the house.