AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Accuphase preamps. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39714)

Dsholl1 06-20-2018 07:52 AM

They take forever to burn in. Be patient happy days ahead

FDPDK 06-20-2018 10:43 AM

Congratulations , they do look great.

Canonicus 06-20-2018 02:56 PM

You have a beautiful looking set-up. Just a bit of break-in and you'll be there.
Congrats!

spurv 06-20-2018 03:05 PM

Im amazed how much different it sounds than my previous C-2120... The C-3850 costs alot more, but damn... Wonder how much better the C2450 are against C-2120... The first step up :). C-2120 sounded "dull and boring" compared to the new (not burned in) C-3850... Impressed (even at the cost of the c-3850).

C-3850 sounds so "calm", "warm" jet super detailed, super wide soundstage, and depth...

Now i finally understand what people means about the "Accuphase sound"...

ozy 02-10-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meltemi (Post 853048)
A fully balanced preamp or power amp consists of two identical amplifier units (and for the preamp also volume control units) per channel.
Normally the units are floating as well, i.e. independent of the ground potential.

In a top of the line Accuphase system, the fully balanced output of the source (DA / Phono pre) is connected via XLR to the fully balanced C-3850 and then via XLR to the fully balanced monoblocks
(A-200, A-250, M-6200). At the output of the power amps the phase of one complete amplifier chain per channel (preamp, connections and power amp) is turned 180°.

This eliminates all potentially induced noise and also the common residual noise and distortion of the amplifier and volume control units themselves leading to a cleaner music signal.

Does this mean that the fully balanced config would tend to sound better with xlr cables, rather then single ended?

audio bill 02-10-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozy (Post 952772)
Does this mean that the fully balanced config would tend to sound better with xlr cables, rather then single ended?

That is generally believed to be true when connecting fully balanced gear (not single ended circuitry with balanced conversion for XLR jacks) and the reason that a manufacturer would go to the additional expense required. There are also those that believe a simpler signal path of single ended designs will sound best and that the additional expense of balanced circuitry is not beneficial or justified. Like with most things in high end audio there are often as many opinions as there are audiophiles. :scratch2:

Masterlu 02-10-2019 10:15 PM

Both of my all Accuphase rigs are cabled 100% with all Balanced connections.

audio bill 02-10-2019 11:16 PM

My Luxman C-900u and M-900u combo is similarly fully balanced in design and excels when connected with all XLR cables. :music: :D

meltemi 02-11-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozy (Post 952772)

Yep.

Martin

hifihut 08-10-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 854094)
The Accuphase flagship is totally silent. I mean zero noise from the speakers and the chassis. Not even a sound when I put my ear right at the drivers. There is also zero transformer hum. The only way I could tell they were on was by the heat and lights.

This is exactly what I love about Accuphase, their products are engineered very well. I have never had a component, particularly an amp, that had a completely silent transformer in it... until Accuphase that is. Also no popping or clicking on start up. Really enjoy mine.