AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo sound in comparison to Leben (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10779)

FranklinLG 11-09-2011 11:16 AM

Shindo sound in comparison to Leben

Hey there everyone. I am writing to solicit some input from anyone with both the shindo and leben product experiences. I currently have been using a RS 100u and a RS 30 EQ phono stage. I am contemplating making upgrade to the shindo masseto Pre-amp. Any experience, observations or comments about the differences between the leben and shindo products would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, I will likely only look to upgrade the preamp at this time. I am satisfied with my current Sophia Electric 300 B mono-block amps. Additionally, perhaps one day I will look too secure a Shindo amp, but of a different variety then the 300 B.

Thanks!

Jonathan,

From my mobile device using A.Aficionado

lowens 11-09-2011 07:44 PM

Matt a pitch perfect or Jonathan the distributer of both are your best source for the difference between the two preamps. Jeff Day reviews would also give you additional info. From memory Jeff actually prefers the Leban over the Shindo.

Yes the Masseto would likely be a nice upgrade, but the Leban you own is already a great piece. The gear you own plus the addition of the O96's should make for a very nice system.

TommyC 11-09-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowens (Post 225101)
Matt a pitch perfect or Jonathan the distributer of both are your best source for the difference between the two preamps. Jeff Day reviews would also give you additional info. From memory Jeff actually prefers the Leban over the Shindo.

Yes the Masseto would likely be a nice upgrade, but the Leban you own is already a great piece. The gear you own plus the addition of the O96's should make for a very nice system.

You're correct about Jeff preferring the Leban over the Shindo. He now uses Leben at home. It's a matter of personal preference, just like all high end gears are. There's no "better."

Volks 11-09-2011 10:10 PM

If i recall....dident Jeff have a hard time even getting Shindo gear for an actual "Review"? and he offered to fly anybody to his place to let him hear their Shindo?.....i am just curious if he has ever actually heard Shindo enough to make a valid opinion.....aside from maybe at an audio show or?

klipschfan 11-09-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 225157)
If i recall....dident Jeff have a hard time even getting Shindo gear for an actual "Review"? and he offered to fly anybody to his place to let him hear their Shindo?.....i am just curious if he has ever actually heard Shindo enough to make a valid opinion.....aside from maybe at an audio show or?

Believe that you are confusing "Jeff Day" with a different Jeff.

restock 11-09-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 225157)

You are referring to Jeff Dorgay of Tone Audio, not Jeff Day who does all the Leben reviews for 6moons.

Volks 11-09-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restock (Post 225171)
You are referring to Jeff Dorgay of Tone Audio, not Jeff Day who does all the Leben reviews for 6moons.

Oh God...you guys are right!....very sorry my bad :(

FranklinLG 11-09-2011 11:04 PM

Lol, I thine dodgy got banned on this site. Seems like he had some issues with Shindo and made some
Posts about it. In any event, thanks for some input. I am actually working with Matt. He's been great. But I was curious what others might have thought. Some times the way someone sees equipment is similar to me, and I pick that up from their comments.

J

Sent from my mobile device using A.Aficionado

Mikeyc 11-10-2011 12:10 AM

that's very disturbing, no freedom of speech?

Cucumber_Jones 11-10-2011 12:31 AM

Just so you guys are clear his Shindo "issues" had nothing to do with him being removed from the site. It was other issues that caused him to move on.