AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Martin Logan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Demo'd Neoliths tonight (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37436)

trponhunter 04-17-2017 12:52 PM

never buy hifi at a store that sells washers and dryers......could you really expect better there?

Ruger2 06-18-2018 05:13 AM

I personally will affirm comments regarding Magnolia. These issues are not isolated to any given location it is the result of a corporate mentality driven by the "bean counters". I will only go back to view the picture of a new TV and subsequently buy somewhere else at a great savings.

IMHO manufactures (Martin Logan, McIntosh etc.) should put some effort in reviewing their distributors on all facets of how they run their business. It worked well for me in my 45+ years prior to my retirement. It was never pleasant to tell an existing distributor he was done but necessary to maintain and grow my business.:sigh:

gadawg 07-07-2018 11:31 PM

I agree with you guys but Magnolia/Best Buy is a drug for these vendors that’s tough to escape. My local Best Buy had 3 full McIntosh home theater systems go out recently and I’m friends with one of customers so i know it went out with nice speakers to boot. I’m guessing they sell a ton of McIntosh, B&W and Martin Logan despite their sound rooms. Wonder how big Magnolia is for these vendors vs any other single dealer or chain?

George

SL1800 08-23-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 922357)
I agree with you guys but Magnolia/Best Buy is a drug for these vendors that’s tough to escape. My local Best Buy had 3 full McIntosh home theater systems go out recently and I’m friends with one of customers so i know it went out with nice speakers to boot. I’m guessing they sell a ton of McIntosh, B&W and Martin Logan despite their sound rooms. Wonder how big Magnolia is for these vendors vs any other single dealer or chain?

George

I saw something recently, I believe it was from Audioquest but not sure, that stated Magnolia sells more High End audio gear than all other high end dealers combined.

GaryProtein 08-23-2018 12:08 PM

I am surprised the Neoliths have not gotten better reviews.

Not that it directly competes, but the Martin Logan Statement E2 was absolutely SPECTACULAR in every way.

gadawg 08-23-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryProtein (Post 928220)
I am surprised the Neoliths have not gotten better reviews.

Not that it directly competes, but the Martin Logan Statement E2 was absolutely SPECTACULAR in every way.

I’ve heard them twice and wasn’t impressed either time. Thought the CLXs sounded waaaay better but that’s just me.

George

Muriel Heslop 04-13-2019 06:24 AM

Surprised at the negative comments.I have never had a chance to hear these.They certainly look impressive.Being in Canada,the Bestbuys here do not carry this brand so I will have to try and get out to an audio show one of these days and hope to have a listen there.

bart 04-13-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muriel Heslop (Post 961122)
Surprised at the negative comments.I have never had a chance to hear these.They certainly look impressive.Being in Canada,the Bestbuys here do not carry this brand so I will have to try and get out to an audio show one of these days and hope to have a listen there.

Heard them on a top Naim system (280K!).
I was disappointed.
Not that they sounded awful.
But I've heard better at a much lower price.

Vintage Pete 04-13-2019 09:23 PM

I too am a bit surprised at the negative reviews. All I really know about this model is it got a pretty positive review in TAS, and it's a great looking speaker. I was kind of half-hoping I could hear a pair someday.

Masterlu 04-13-2019 10:18 PM

I have heard them, and don’t own them; nuff said.