AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Time Pieces (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Which Lange? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9334)

Jerome W 08-10-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 190513)
Jerome, somehow I think a house there would be just a bit more expensive that a Lange 31...:D

Jerry, if you are splurging, go for the tourbillon! :thumbsup: It will entertain you every time you look at it.

Well Serge... You don't need to have a direct access to the Lake from your garden to be happy :D !

PHC1 08-10-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 190515)
Well Serge... You don't need to have a direct access to the Lake from your garden to be happy :D !

Says who??? Have you been reading Dalai Lama? :D

Jerome W 08-10-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 190520)
Says who??? Have you been reading Dalai Lama? :D

:lmao:

JSCC 08-11-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 190513)
Jerome, somehow I think a house there would be just a bit more expensive that a Lange 31...:D

Jerry, if you are splurging, go for the tourbillon! :thumbsup: It will entertain you every time you look at it.

Jerome,

A Lange 31, expensive though it is (in its own right) cant be compared to an apartment here these days (dont even talk about the word - HOUSE. A typical 1.45 sq feet apartment, hear this - starts at S$4.4m and going up on every floor. :sigh:

Apparently, someone in the developing trade must have done their sums wrong. Its crazy!!! :icon_thumbsdown:

I hope the recent bloodbath at the stock market will bring these folks back to real world pricing. :yes:

Serge,

Both are beauties and IF I had the splurging power, I would have both! The only entertaining part would be me having to conjure, put up the thinking cap, to tell good stories why I need another platinum watch that costs like a new car!:smoking:

Bad karma is catching up whenever "itch" starts! Its unlike the good ole' days where only I know the actual cost of the things I buy (or intend to buy)! I had somehow "signed on" to be as honest as can be to my dear better half after the last hifi fiasco! :tears:

Oh well, hope the recent stock market can give me opportunity for some "personal stash".

I am still going thru and fro between them. Tough choice to make.

Anyway, thanks guys for the advises. All of you are right in a way. I like BOTH, greedy me! :D

mtroo 11-27-2018 02:57 PM

Which one did you settle on?

JSCC 01-12-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 942363)
Which one did you settle on?

Neither. Cant splurge anymore as retirement soon in a year's time.

The only new watch I had was the FP Journe, and its a gift, which was described on a separate thread.