AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   D’Agostino excellent customer support (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45574)

Antonmb 04-09-2019 02:45 PM

D’Agostino excellent customer support

When I first installed my new Momentum HD preamp, the remote didn’t work. Replacing the batteries took care of the problem, until I shut down the power in the back a few days later to change some cables, and the remote stopped working again. Removing and reinserting the batteries fixed it, but that requires removing several screws from the bottom of the remote. I sent Bill McKiegan at D’Agostino an email explaining the issue, and got an almost immediate response, on a Sunday no less. On Monday he followed up with an email giving me a button sequence to push on the remote to pair it with the preamp, which solved the problem. The remote pairs to the pre via Bluetooth, and you just have to re-pair them after a power shutdown. Today Bill followed up to be sure the problem was addressed, and asked me to call him. We had a very pleasant conversation, and he thanked me for my feedback and my purchase.

It also became clear during our conversation that it was D’Agostino who decided to hold the price on my purchase to the original preamp price, even though I got the new HD unit, which lists for almost 20% more. Bill just said that they felt it was the right thing to do since I had made a deposit based on the original price and had to wait for my unit.

Having met both Dan and Bill, and now having experienced such great service, I can say these guys are a real class act.

For The Love of Music 04-09-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 960654)
When I first installed my new Momentum HD preamp, the remote didn’t work. Replacing the batteries took care of the problem, until I shut down the power in the back a few days later to change some cables, and the remote stopped working again. Removing and reinserting the batteries fixed it, but that requires removing several screws from the bottom of the remote. I sent Bill McKiegan at D’Agostino an email explaining the issue, and got an almost immediate response, on a Sunday no less. On Monday he followed up with an email giving me a button sequence to push on the remote to pair it with the preamp, which solved the problem. The remote pairs to the pre via Bluetooth, and you just have to re-pair them after a power shutdown. Today Bill followed up to be sure the problem was addressed, and asked me to call him. We had a very pleasant conversation, and he thanked me for my feedback and my purchase.

It also became clear during our conversation that it was D’Agostino who decided to hold the price on my purchase to the original preamp price, even though I got the new HD unit, which lists for almost 20% more. Bill just said that they felt it was the right thing to do since I had made a deposit based on the original price and had to wait for my unit.

Having met both Dan and Bill, and now having experienced such great service, I can say these guys are a real class act.

Excellent!

2fastdriving 04-09-2019 03:41 PM

That's great, Tony. how is the system settling in? Are you a believer in preamps now? (over an all-digital pre)

Higgens 04-09-2019 04:02 PM

Great story, Tony. I wish more high-end manufacturers provided this level of service.

Photoboy 04-09-2019 07:16 PM

Can you let me know how to pair the remote? Mine has been inoperative for a couple of years and I thought it was just broken. Thanks

Levitator 04-09-2019 07:22 PM

Nice to see good ethics which has gone out the window with many businesses

Masterlu 04-09-2019 07:37 PM

Photoboy... Welcome to AA! :wave:

audioguy3107 04-09-2019 08:47 PM

Tony - That's awesome! If you talk to Bill again, put in a good word for me.....maybe he'll upgrade me for the heck of it for free! Ha! :D

Antonmb 04-10-2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoboy (Post 960681)
Can you let me know how to pair the remote? Mine has been inoperative for a couple of years and I thought it was just broken. Thanks

Photoboy, welcome to AA. Mine is a new model just released, if you have a D’Agostino pre and the remote hasn’t been working for a couple of years, then there’s probably something wrong with it. The pairing will only apply to the new HD model.

Antonmb 04-10-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 960664)
That's great, Tony. how is the system settling in? Are you a believer in preamps now? (over an all-digital pre)

Marc, I’m definitely a believer. My Linn box is still an awesome streamer/dac, but there’s a meaningful improvement in soundstage, imaging, and overall smoothness with the pre, especially with vinyl.