AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Need a gentle nudge.. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43654)

PeterMusic 08-28-2018 08:43 PM

Not to be too presumptuous, but unless you're on a tight budget I think you should consider the Yggy too. Your McIntosh gear will appreciate it right away, and the other stuff can be upgraded over time.

When I bought my Yggy, it cost as much as my amp and speakers combined (I knew I'd be upgrading the other stuff later, and I didn't want to buy a DAC that would end up on the shelf after 2-3 years). It elevated that system WAY beyond its price tag.

crwilli 08-28-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 928914)
Yep..... 'schiit' or get off the pot !

Fighting my urges here.

Cohibaman 08-28-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 928964)
Fighting my urges here.

Do it! Muwahahahahaha

US Blues 08-29-2018 06:50 AM

The Yggdrasil is on par with your McIntosh gear, and there is a strong case to be made for keeping gear "on par." Either way you go, Schiit multibit delivers the goods.

rushca01 08-29-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterMusic (Post 928956)
Not to be too presumptuous, but unless you're on a tight budget I think you should consider the Yggy too. Your McIntosh gear will appreciate it right away, and the other stuff can be upgraded over time.

When I bought my Yggy, it cost as much as my amp and speakers combined (I knew I'd be upgrading the other stuff later, and I didn't want to buy a DAC that would end up on the shelf after 2-3 years). It elevated that system WAY beyond its price tag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Blues (Post 928986)
The Yggdrasil is on par with your McIntosh gear, and there is a strong case to be made for keeping gear "on par." Either way you go, Schiit multibit delivers the goods.

I'll be honest, I thought the Yggy was overkill for my system. Truthfully I just acquired the Mcintosh gear last year from audio classics so I won't be trading any of those components out anytime soon.

PeterMusic 08-29-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushca01 (Post 928987)
I'll be honest, I thought the Yggy was overkill for my system. Truthfully I just acquired the Mcintosh gear last year from audio classics so I won't be trading any of those components out anytime soon.

With all due respect, I think you're confused by the Yggy's extraordinary reviews. You've got over $10K in amplification. I don't think you've mentioned your speakers, but a typical ratio would put you at another $10K+. At these levels, $2.5K for a DAC is a no-brainer.

But don't take my word for it--ask your dealer how much you might budget for a DAC worthy of your amps. Then buy the Yggy and treat yourself to some cables with part of the savings:cheers:

rushca01 08-29-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterMusic (Post 928999)
With all due respect, I think you're confused by the Yggy's extraordinary reviews. You've got over $10K in amplification. I don't think you've mentioned your speakers, but a typical ratio would put you at another $10K+. At these levels, $2.5K for a DAC is a no-brainer.

But don't take my word for it--ask your dealer how much you might budget for a DAC worthy of your amps. Then buy the Yggy and treat yourself to some cables with part of the savings:cheers:

Good point, I guess I paid a little over 8k total for the c2300 and mc402. I'm using paradigm prestige 95f speakers.

Formerly YB-2 08-29-2018 12:47 PM

Get the Gumby multibit and I'll buy it from you next year when you upgrade to the Yggy.

rushca01 08-29-2018 02:12 PM

You guys are not making this easy..I was originally debating the gumby and gumby multibit and now I'm looking at the yggy.. It does look like a nice piece of kit.

In the meantime, I'm also looking at wireworld digital cables (silver star 7) and audio interconnects (eclipse or equinox).

2fastdriving 08-29-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushca01 (Post 929047)
You guys are not making this easy..I was originally debating the gumby and gumby multibit and now I'm looking at the yggy.. It does look like a nice piece of kit.

In the meantime, I'm also looking at wireworld digital cables (silver star 7) and audio interconnects (eclipse or equinox).

If you thought you were gonna save money with this thread...well...:roflmao: