AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

DRHamp 08-13-2021 11:22 AM

Sorry for this being a bit off-topic. I have an Inspire IFA-1 amp and want to purchase one of Dennis's preamps -- I've tried reaching out to him at radioman731 on EBay with no response and I'm afraid the messages may be going into spam or somewhere??
My Ebay user name and sender of the messages is donhamp.
Are there any other ways to get in touch with Dennis.
Any help would be appreciated, you can PM me a response to avoid more thread clutter - DRHamp

Leew 08-13-2021 11:27 AM

Facebook Help,

This is going to be a strange post but there are some Tannoys on Facebook Marketplace. but I am unable to create a facebook account to contact them because my Real Name (Lee Weed) Violates Facebook Policy, so they say.

Send me a PM if you can help contact the seller and give them my Contact info

Thank you,

Lee

khill007 08-13-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwilson61 (Post 1042973)
Has anyone used it with high efficient speakers and if so was there any hums or any buzzing.

Klipsch Cornwall IV's here...tiny bit of microphonics due to the nature of this type of DHT but pretty much quiet as a mouse. You have to match these tubes very carefully as there was usually only one tube used for their intended purpose in the 20's and 30's.

This is a special piece of gear. No bullshit, maybe the best I've EVER heard and I've had 10k plus preamps in my system and this beat them all by a long shot. We will be reading about this pre for years to come if a reviewer ever gets ahold of one.

khill007 08-13-2021 03:48 PM

Game changer! I too am about to send mine back for another upgrade. Dennis says it lowers the noise floor even more. I can't see how this thing can get any better. A very special piece of gear. I will never turn mine loose!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrparsons (Post 1043020)
I already have my LP71A preamp, but unfortunately I have not been able to enjoy it yet. Dennis is rebranding them the LP 2030 in reference to the the 1920s and 1930s from whence these tubes originated. If I understand him correctly.

I will be also sending it back for a rebranding and maybe a modification if possible. To read what some of you have said about this preamp, along with Dennis's comments, I am becoming increasingly excited about getting it back and enjoying it.

bearcity 08-13-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRHamp (Post 1043034)
Sorry for this being a bit off-topic. I have an Inspire IFA-1 amp and want to purchase one of Dennis's preamps -- I've tried reaching out to him at radioman731 on EBay with no response and I'm afraid the messages may be going into spam or somewhere??
My Ebay user name and sender of the messages is donhamp.
Are there any other ways to get in touch with Dennis.
Any help would be appreciated, you can PM me a response to avoid more thread clutter - DRHamp

Give him time. He is retired. I suspect you will hear from him shortly.

straitwire 08-16-2021 01:14 PM

Hey DRHamp, which preamp are you interested in?

DRHamp 08-16-2021 01:32 PM

Not sure that's why I wanted to ask Dennis some questions. I'm looking at the one he has on EBay right now, but not sure that's the best option for me.
I sent a ebay msg about a month back and two last week with no response -- that's why I was concerned that they ended up in spam.

Analog Addict 08-16-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaBoy (Post 1042962)
So, can the LP-2030 also use the 71a?

The preamp can use the 71A and variants, the 12A/112A, and the 01A and it's variants without difficulty or any modifications required.

The short pin versions are a bit of a conundrum, since they don't quite fit properly, and making them fit requires modification either to the tube or the socket, which may affect your ability to sub the long pin versions in and out with ease. YMMV

Analog Addict 08-16-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwilson61 (Post 1042945)
What is the difference between the model 71 preamp and the current l-2030 on eBay

Well, Dennis has actually fiddled with the plate current a bit and may have some additional modifications I am not aware of to lower the noise floor. These are the only differences I'm aware of.

Masterlu 08-17-2021 07:43 PM

Kris0603… Welcome to AA! :wave: