AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sonus faber 35th Anniversary Stradivari (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43373)

j3brow 07-14-2018 06:24 PM

Sonus faber 35th Anniversary Stradivari

I just saw pictures of new Stradivari cabinets on the assembly line at Sf headquarters, 35th Anniversary model. I have not heard of any official announcement but was intrigued to see they will be bringing it back .... pure conjecture on my part but I would expect it to be a limited run, who knows. Fingers crossed it becomes a permanent fixture.

richardallred 07-14-2018 08:37 PM

Cool

jdandy 07-14-2018 08:54 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I find Anniversary versions of audio equipment to be a manufacturer's opportunity to bump pricing to levels not truly supported by improvements, if any beyond the special emblem. In addition, when the time comes to sell an Anniversary version the original price disparity often becomes a burden as owners attempt to recover some portion of the original inflated value that often puts it over and above going prices of typical non-anniversary items. I realize this is a broad statement and may not be applicable in all circumstances, but more often than not it appears to me to be more of a self promotion to justify lofty price points for the "special" version just because it wears an Anniversary badge.

None the less, it will be interesting to see what the gang at Sonus faber, sans Franko, have done to the Stradivari.

Masterlu 07-14-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 923167)

None the less, it will be interesting to see what the gang at Sonus faber, sans Franko, have done to the Stradivari.

The best thing they can do, IMO is leave it alone. ;)

Badge not withstanding.

j3brow 07-14-2018 09:00 PM

I agree. I assumed it would be built same as always. Then, the fact that one can purchase new Strads is a good thing.

runnin17 07-15-2018 11:24 AM

If they keep it the same then I would be pretty happy. Maybe change the wood grain a bit, but even that is a stretch given how good the Strads look in general

1KW 07-15-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 923145)
I just saw pictures of new Stradivari cabinets on the assembly line at Sf headquarters, 35th Anniversary model. I have not heard of any official announcement but was intrigued to see they will be bringing it back .... pure conjecture on my part but I would expect it to be a limited run, who knows. Fingers crossed it becomes a permanent fixture.

can you share the picture

TommyC 07-15-2018 01:46 PM

Something like the Palladio edition would be awesome.

metaphacts 07-15-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 923169)
I agree. I assumed it would be built same as always. Then, the fact that one can purchase new Strads is a good thing.

Not sure what you mean by "same as always." Strad had changes during production - especially at the end.

1KW 07-15-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 923302)
Not sure what you mean by "same as always." Strad had changes during production - especially at the end.

Do Tell :scratch2: