AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   CA Innovation or Master or MT10 or AMG V12? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=26048)

Bodhisattva 03-30-2014 02:57 AM

Given the number of VPI fans on this forum and Ivan's disclosed representation of Clearaudio products, it's perhaps not surprising there has only been one mention of the AMG Viella V12. In regard to founder Werner Roeschlau's passing, my understanding is that his son who he was working in partnership with prior to his passing is now running the business with the same team of machinists who were there from the start. So for all intents and purposes it is business as usual. Sound-wise, paired with a Benz cartridge and using the excellent phono preamp in the Dartzeel NHB-18ns, bass was very good! It doesn't sound as bombastic as a Transrotor Fat Bob Reference, however imho the lower frequencies are in perfect harmony with the rest of the frequency spectrum. It sounds remarkably smooth and resolving. Overall I found this combo pleasingly musical. I like the simplicity and build quality of this tt. And that simplicity extends to its clean classic lines. Regarding the tonearm, I don't have experience using the arm over time, but I can tell you a friend of mine chose that arm as an upgrade for his Transrotor Rondino Nero and is very happy. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

rnrmf1971 03-30-2014 05:57 PM

I've heard none of them.
But I wouldn't be surprised if I wind up with an AMG in the upcoming future. That just looks like a perfectly designed turntable and tonearm, to me.
I would seriously consider the VPI classic direct, because I like using the VPI outer ring on my VPI Aries 3 (and I have a soft spot for direct drive tables), but 30G's... Really??? C'mon, now. One can almost buy 2 AMG's with 12" arms for the price of the VPI.

capt.chaos 11-19-2014 05:13 PM

I have not heard the AMG. I have heard the Innovation and it is a fabulous table. I would love to own one.

TWiiii 01-22-2015 02:36 PM

With that Kind of budget I'd be looking at the 3000 DD or maybe a souped up HRX with 2 of the new arms.

-E- 01-22-2015 03:41 PM

V12.

Such a sexy beast.

statfi 12-20-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailycitrus (Post 594425)
In the process of selecting a new TT and arm with a $30k+ budget (TT, Arm, Cables, ect.). What I have looked at so far:

Great question and responses! What did you end up with, and are you happy with it? AMG? CA?

Any other experiences in this field of TTs?

2channel 02-28-2016 08:25 PM

Same Budget

I went with the Master Innovation - should be here in 4 weeks - got a sweet deal from CA with the 12" Universal and added a Verify for mono.