AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sergio aka Eisener Bart - Ukraine (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20162)

Eisener Bart 03-26-2013 12:45 PM

Sergio aka Eisener Bart - Ukraine

Setup.

---------

One more snapshot of Rack with gear.

------------------

Vynil Player - vintage - 1974 - Elac, model Miracord 50H.

Eisener Bart 03-26-2013 12:57 PM

Continue with My System (5)

That's all for a while.

I will add some pics later as well as video of System. I already upload 1 video of this System in other thread, but I'm not satisfied by sound quality of my camcorder Sony. I will try again by my new photocamera in HD (ironically it's also SONY!) :D.

and I got 2 news today, I will happy to share:

1. 2 USB cables are underway (same ukrainian brand which photos were uploaded above - Sound YP). Inside: silver cables for signal and copper - for power.

2. 3 items of iFi (daughter company of most famous british AMR) are also underway from Capitol:

a) iDAC
b) iUSBPower
3) iCAN.

jdandy 03-26-2013 12:59 PM

Eisener Bart.......Your system is most interesting. The T+A preamp, amplifier, and CD player look excellent. It has been awhile since I have seen an Elac truntable in use. Nice to see the Sansui tuner, too.

bakerman 03-26-2013 01:05 PM

Sweet gear Sergio. I really dig the copper tt mat. Nice work with the diy cables. :thumbsup:

Eisener Bart 03-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 467479)
Eisener Bart.......Your system is most interesting. The T+A preamp, amplifier, and CD player look excellent. It has been awhile since I have seen an Elac truntable in use. Nice to see the Sansui tuner, too.

Thank you, Dan!

My name is Sergio (in signature).

Unfortunately design of T+A is not so impressive, some people make a parallel with medical equipment. I don't care to much about faces of gear - I care about Sound! :thumbsup:

Eisener Bart 03-26-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerman (Post 467481)
Sweet gear Sergio. I really dig the copper tt mat. Nice work with the diy cables. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Doug,

it is not all my DIY.

the most interesting is still ahead. :banana:

just believe me...

Eisener Bart 03-26-2013 01:42 PM

My Headphone Amp by Peeves (2)

I listened yesterday one very good record -

Mozart's Requiem .

It was heard absolutely clear the work of Amp - all musical peaks pass with flying colours!

Class A is class A even on the Moon. :banana:

Washline 03-26-2013 09:25 PM

Nice system, Bart. I like the old Sansui tuners.

Volks 03-26-2013 09:42 PM

Sergio i admire your system!:):thumbsup:

LordoftheRingsEE 03-26-2013 10:08 PM

-- I love it all! ...I feel like I'm in a time warp zone; right back to the seventies. :cool: ...The Bee Gees, and all that jazz.

Eisener Bart 03-27-2013 07:19 AM

Bill, Michael, Bob,

thank you very much for warm words!

My Setup on AA looks like a german-ukrainian grenade thrown into the Kingdome of MacIntosh. :smoking:

LordoftheRingsEE 03-27-2013 04:24 PM

-- Sergio, how often do you listen to music from cassette tapes?

djwhog 03-27-2013 05:19 PM

Nice a lot of love there Sergio:)

Congrats on a nice sounding setup well though out!

Eisener Bart 03-27-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwhog (Post 468184)
Nice a lot of love there Sergio:)

Congrats on a nice sounding setup well though out!

Many thanks, Dave!

Bluemcintosh 03-27-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisener Bart (Post 468291)

Not so much, from time to time.

I have 5 sources of music, last 2 years I didn't listen vynil at all, 'cos I have 1.5 years old Little Hurricane.

Hahaha so cute :hug:

LordoftheRingsEE 03-28-2013 12:45 AM

-- Yes, little ones, like your little 'Hurricane' :cool: , are another source of music for sure.

* Hurricane, is that his real name? ...I like it. :)

Eisener Bart 03-28-2013 03:55 AM

Not of course. "Hurricane" (U-ra-gan in Russian) will be too much exotic even for me! )))
She has pure slavonic name - Nezhdana (means "unexpectable").

Little Hurricane - home nickname, because we are hiding from her everything - electronic devices ( mobile phones, remote controls, documents, etc.). My speakers does not have any protection I bought special material and my wife made covers. When I removed it few days ago to make snapshots for AA - she was immediately near right speaker and her little finger already laid on mid freq speaker. Or another story - She took two days ago metal central wheel from original cover of my vinyl player Elac and tried to scratch new headphone amp. I've been close to get sheer heart attack. Fortunately she is still not so strong to scratch well painted amp. )))
Thus it is some kind of extreme for my gear at the present moment.

Eisener Bart 03-28-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluemcintosh (Post 468320)
Hahaha so cute :hug:

Yeah I like this photo also. But actually it is not typical portrait.

Chubba 03-28-2013 06:48 PM

Ahh children and audio.I got into it at age 4 in 1969 by messing with my fathers tube amp when he was at work.He came home,turned it on and that was the end of that one.I keep a close eye and take any precautions possible cause you never know when a little me might show up!

LordoftheRingsEE 03-28-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisener Bart (Post 468455)
Not of course. "Hurricane" (U-ra-gan in Russian) will be too much exotic even for me! )))
She has pure slavonic name - Nezhdana (means "unexpectable").

Little Hurricane - home nickname, because we are hiding from her everything - electronic devices ( mobile phones, remote controls, documents, etc.). My speakers does not have any protection I bought special material and my wife made covers. When I removed it few days ago to make snapshots for AA - she was immediately near right speaker and her little finger already laid on mid freq speaker. Or another story - She took two days ago metal central wheel from original cover of my vinyl player Elac and tried to scratch new headphone amp. I've been close to get sheer heart attack. Fortunately she is still not so strong to scratch well painted amp. )))
Thus it is some kind of extreme for my gear at the present moment.

I see; Nezhdana is even more a lovely name, and I love that picture of her. :yes:

By the way Sergio, Hurricane in French (I am French, Canadian) is Ouragan, same phonetic as in Russian. :cool:

Eisener Bart 03-28-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE (Post 468798)
I see; Nezhdana is even more a lovely name, and I love that picture of her. :yes:

By the way Sergio, Hurricane in French (I am French, Canadian) is Ouragan, same phonetic as in Russian. :cool:

Yeh, I think it's originally French word.

By the way, I've been many times at Vancouver, it's my favourite City in the world and 1 time I even stayed on the road of Victoria (one night).

LordoftheRingsEE 03-28-2013 08:18 PM

There are no roads from Vancouver to Victoria Sergio, only water (Pacific ocean). ;)
...Planes, and Ferries will get you there. ...Victoria is on an island.

Eisener Bart 03-28-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE (Post 468839)
There are no roads from Vancouver to Victoria Sergio, only water (Pacific ocean). ;)
...Planes, and Ferries will get you there. ...Victoria is on an island.

Please check what mean "road" for the seaman. You just misunderstood.
And Pacific Ocean starts after Strait of Juan de Fuca, and between Victoria and Vancouver is the Salish Sea (as I remember).
So I stayed on the road of port Victoria when I've been on vessel. :D

LordoftheRingsEE 03-28-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisener Bart (Post 468849)
Please check what mean "road" for the seaman. You just misunderstood.
And Pacific Ocean starts after Strait of Juan de Fuca, and between Victoria and Vancouver is the Salish Sea (as I remember).
So I stayed on the road of port Victoria when I've been on vessel. :D

---- :D ...I already thought that you might have meant that.

- We need to board a sailing ship you and I, with a cargaison of the finest wine bottles. :yes:

jdandy 03-30-2013 11:29 AM

Sergio.......Your spiked footers are very attractive. When you say you make them, do you mean that you turn the bronze on a lathe to make the shapes and apply the clear finsh yourself?

Eisener Bart 03-30-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 469892)
Sergio.......Your spiked footers are very attractive. When you say you make them, do you mean that you turn the bronze on a lathe to make the shapes and apply the clear finsh yourself?

Thank you!

No, I am not professional turner, I am professional seaman.

I have small Garage Company (just 2 guys). :D

Eisener Bart 03-30-2013 12:09 PM

and finally - killing video. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KJYO-fh20]Audio Physic KRONOS - YouTube[/ame]

Jerome W 03-31-2013 05:31 PM

Sergio,
Nicely done.
I like this Naka deck a lot.

jwhite613 03-31-2013 05:54 PM

Sergio... Very Nice System!!! :thumbsup: That Sansui tuner looks like you just unpacked it. :yes:

Eisener Bart 03-31-2013 06:24 PM

Jérôme, Jeff... many thanks! :banana:

socfan12 03-31-2013 06:56 PM

Sweet system! Love the DIY bits you have there, Sergio!

Love the Audio Physics line of speakers. Had the Virgo IIs that Fremer waxed enthusiastic about. Beautiful sound out of them, and the Avanti's must be that much better! :thumbsup:

Allen

Eisener Bart 03-31-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socfan12 (Post 470829)
Sweet system! Love the DIY bits you have there, Sergio!

Love the Audio Physics line of speakers. Had the Virgo IIs that Fremer waxed enthusiastic about. Beautiful sound out of them, and the Avanti's must be that much better! :thumbsup:

Allen

Allen, many thanks!

Eisener Bart 04-03-2013 02:12 PM

Correction: 1 fuse in CDP I could not replace, I didn't find 0.063mA.

Eisener Bart 04-19-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson (Post 480631)
Whatever could that be???????????:scratch2:

As you can see I hided by pieces of paper the logotype on original scotch.

Device is connected 10 minutes ago and burn-in started.

What I can say right now - my tweaked RME Babyface had not any chance to survive in battle. It's like mouse vs asphalt Compactor.

So, gents, 2nd attempt to guess what I catch yesterday at capitol is announced! :thumbsup:

Prize from my side: I will send signed CD-R with 17 songs of my last musical project.

Eisener Bart 04-20-2013 08:34 AM

What - no more brave audiophiles? :D

This device is like Head&Shoulders - 3 in 1.

Ok, I will give a hint:
3 tubes in this device.
2 pcs - output of preamp.
and 1 - for.... let's say, very unexpected place.

It is rather famous new brand from one large island with great audio traditions. :smoking:

Eisener Bart 04-25-2013 03:15 PM

So, almost I week burning-in is passed. Sound changed radically, I got yesterday good LF, soundstage is grown up, common resolution is raised. And new headache is came together with new happiness. Which cables do I need now?

Yeh, name of new device - digital processor AMR DP-777.

Timbre 04-29-2013 12:59 PM

Congratulations on the new purchase.

RM

Eisener Bart 04-29-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbre (Post 485417)
Congratulations on the new purchase.

RM

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Eisener Bart 04-30-2013 04:45 PM

Amr dp-777

First shoot of sound was around 100-120 hours of burn-in.

300-500 hours are described in manual. I am very close to 300 hours now.

Where is second shoot? :tears:

enzo66 05-01-2013 02:17 PM

It seems to me that your system was projected and built with love of good music. Very fascinating the Nakamichi deck.
Ciao, Enzo