AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   JL Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Problem with JL Audio People (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25968)

nycjazz 03-25-2014 11:34 AM

Problem with JL Audio People

Folks,

Looking for some advice. Sent my out of warranty F113 to JL Audio. Talked to Barry who told me that as of 6 weeks ago, they had started a new program where instead of charging for new parts they would actually fix them. Told me I was in luck. I was out of the country for a couple of weeks and then a buddy of mine followed up with him and he told him the same thing, and that the fix would not come out to more than 1,000, with shipping.

I called about the status now that i got back. no answer. I called again today and they routed me to someone who said I'd get a call back in 10 minutes. A while later that same person calls me back, screaming at me that I should stop calling me. It was barry. He went all Cujo on me telling me that it was not possible that the could have been routed to him (it was) and to stop calling me (i have not called him since the RA went through, i was in Singapore!). 5 minutes later I get a call telling me the fix is 1500, and it is all new parts. WTF?

Sounds to me like Barry took his frustrations out on me and went back on the whole "we'll fix, not charge for new board" deal. He had told me that they had accumulated truckfulls full of parts they were fixing to bring the prices down; which was a source of concern for people outside of the warranty period, like me. Apparently, because a call was routed to him, he is giving me the full price.

Very disappointed, looking for pointers.

Masterlu 03-25-2014 11:39 AM

PM me your serial number.

nycjazz 03-25-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 592874)
PM me your serial number.

Folks, story developing. Masterlou himself called me and is trying to get this positively resolved with JL Audio. As if there weren't enough reasons to love this place, here's one more! :banana:

-E- 03-25-2014 02:13 PM

And they will listen to Ivan.

Considering how good the JL product is, I'm shocked you've had that experience nycjazz. Just goes to show that sometimes there is an inverse correlation between quality of product and quality of service. :\

Masterlu 03-25-2014 04:00 PM

Marcos... Your sub is being repaired with new parts, and I saved you a few hundred too! :thumbsup:

I'll send you a PM ;)

NOLG4EVR 03-25-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 592938)
Marcos... Your sub is being repaired with new parts, and I saved you a few hundred too! :thumbsup:

I'll send you a PM ;)

Very nice of you to help. Way to go Ivan!

edkoz 03-25-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycjazz (Post 592873)
Folks,

Looking for some advice. Sent my out of warranty F113 to JL Audio. Talked to Barry who told me that as of 6 weeks ago, they had started a new program where instead of charging for new parts they would actually fix them. Told me I was in luck. I was out of the country for a couple of weeks and then a buddy of mine followed up with him and he told him the same thing, and that the fix would not come out to more than 1,000, with shipping.

I called about the status now that i got back. no answer. I called again today and they routed me to someone who said I'd get a call back in 10 minutes. A while later that same person calls me back, screaming at me that I should stop calling me. It was barry. He went all Cujo on me telling me that it was not possible that the could have been routed to him (it was) and to stop calling me (i have not called him since the RA went through, i was in Singapore!). 5 minutes later I get a call telling me the fix is 1500, and it is all new parts. WTF?

Sounds to me like Barry took his frustrations out on me and went back on the whole "we'll fix, not charge for new board" deal. He had told me that they had accumulated truckfulls full of parts they were fixing to bring the prices down; which was a source of concern for people outside of the warranty period, like me. Apparently, because a call was routed to him, he is giving me the full price.

Very disappointed, looking for pointers.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe JL has become too successful and feels they don't need to be "customer friendly". I hope that is not the case. In todays competitive environment that would be an a very poor business mentality. It was great that Ivan was able to help out BUT they(JL) should do the right thing on their own.

boilerkj 03-25-2014 06:56 PM

How old is your F113 nycjazz? Rather curious what the source of the problem is. Been eying the F212, but this situation and level of support makes me pause a bit.

djwhog 03-25-2014 08:35 PM

If you deal with the Master stuff FLAT gets done. he is the best of the best! :)

One more reason why I love this place :)

Volks 03-25-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 592938)

I'll send you a PM ;)

Thats Excellent help/service!!!!! Awesome Ivan!:thumbsup: