AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld Power Cords (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40755)

Puma Cat 10-12-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayvis (Post 871695)
Thanks Puma Cat. Have you compared Shunyata Venoms (Venom 3 or Venom HC) to the lower cost Wireworld power cords (Aurora 7 or Electra 7)?

I've compared the Shunyata Venom 3 to the Wireworld Silver Electra 5^2 (a earlier version from approximately 5-6 years ago) and the Venom 3 notably outperformed it sonically.

In fact, it wasn't even close. I did this experiment with a friend present and he was fairly "gob-smacked" at how much better the Shunyata sounded.

I think the Venom 3s were selling for about $95 at the time.

Ricjor1 10-13-2017 09:11 PM

I had Wireworld Platinum and have Silver Electra Power cords with Platinum plugs. I borrowed two Shunyata Sigma power cords. The very first note my wife said in a soft voice, that sounds better. I'm depressed, it never ends. Now I'm wondering what else in the Sigma's price range I should listen to?

Puma Cat 10-13-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 872015)
I had Wireworld Platinum and have Silver Electra Power cords with Platinum plugs. I borrowed two Shunyata Sigma power cords. The very first note my wife said in a soft voice, that sounds better. I'm depressed, it never ends. Now I'm wondering what else in the Sigma's price range I should listen to?

That's completely consistent with my experience. In my case, a $95 Shunyata Venom 3 notably outperformed an $800 WW Silver Electra 5^2. My audio buddy that was with me at the time we did the experiment immediately ordered Shunyata Venom 3s for every component in his system.

Regarding your question: Speaker cables.

BuffaloBill 10-13-2017 11:18 PM

One-uppers.

Ricjor1 10-14-2017 08:24 AM

As Paul Harvey would say, now the rest of the story:
I've been listening all night and I still prefer Wireworld.
The Shunyata's are cleaner and definitely has more bass, but the WW has more detail. Shunyata has a dead silent and completely black background. To my ears the WW soundstage is wider with better spacing. All things being equal I prefer WW.

jimtranr 10-14-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 872093)
The Shunyata's are cleaner and definitely has more bass, but the WW has more detail. Shunyata has a dead silent and completely black background. To my ears the WW soundstage is wider with better spacing. All things being equal I prefer WW.

Some of the scariest words in Audioese:

Tradeoff
Synergy
Ears...and the preferences that go with them.

--Jim

Masterlu 10-14-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtranr (Post 872142)
Some of the scariest words in Audioese:

Tradeoff
Synergy
Ears...and the preferences that go with them.

--Jim

WAF :laughin:

jimtranr 10-14-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 872146)
WAF :laughin:

Yeah, that too.

--Jim

jayvis 10-14-2017 07:40 PM

Can someone tell me if there were other generations of WW Electra power cords before the Electra 7? If so, what is different about the 7?

Puma Cat 10-14-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayvis (Post 872258)
Can someone tell me if there were other generations of WW Electra power cords before the Electra 7? If so, what is different about the 7?

Yes, there were, but I for one don't know the distinctions. I think one of them was they went to an improved insulator called Composilex II instead of the original Composilex, but I don't know how it would be better.