AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   4B SST-2 Award (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2954)

James Tanner - Bryston 12-17-2009 08:41 AM

4B SST-2 Award

SoundStage! Network Exceptional Value Award -- Bryston

"Hi James,

This email is to inform you of some exciting news!

At CES 2010 we will be presenting Bryston with one of our annual awards:

Exceptional Value: Bryston 4B SST-2 Stereo Amplifier

This recognizes the very best-value product as reviewed on SoundStage! for the 2009 calendar year."

Jeffrey W. Fritz
Editor-in-Chief
The SoundStage! Network
Welcome to the SoundStage! Network - www.SoundStageNetwork.com

Still-One 12-17-2009 09:00 AM

James
Congratulations. :thumbsup:

klipschfan 01-08-2010 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
James Tanner from Bryston receives the "Exceptional Value Award" from SoundStage...:thumbsup:

SoundStage! Equipment Review - Bryston 4B SST² Stereo Amplifier (7/2009)

drummermitchell 01-09-2010 12:23 AM

congrats James.

Robert 02-15-2010 04:24 PM

Hi James, I'm new to this forum. I see that the Bryston amps do get good reviews especialy when combining with PMC speakers. I recently bought a pair of PMC MB-2's and am now looking for a nice amp to go with it. Would you consider the 4B-SST2 as a good fit for the MB-2's?

Congrats on the award.

Regards Robert.

James Tanner - Bryston 02-15-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 63448)
Hi James, I'm new to this forum. I see that the Bryston amps do get good reviews especialy when combining with PMC speakers. I recently bought a pair of PMC MB-2's and am now looking for a nice amp to go with it. Would you consider the 4B-SST2 as a good fit for the MB-2's?

Congrats on the award.

Regards Robert.

Hi Robert,

Depending on room size the 4B or the 7B's work very well indeed. The 7B's give the speaker a bit more punch and fullness in the low end.

james

Robert 02-16-2010 04:41 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for your quick response , the room is not so big so the 4B will do for sure. The 7B-SST2 or 14B-SST2 as I think is more or less the same. Sounds nice aswell although price wise a whole differant game. BTW how long is the 7B-SST2 on the market? Thanks for the advice.

Robert.

James Tanner - Bryston 02-16-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 63578)
Hi James,

Thanks for your quick response , the room is not so big so the 4B will do for sure. The 7B-SST2 or 14B-SST2 as I think is more or less the same. Sounds nice aswell although price wise a whole differant game. BTW how long is the 7B-SST2 on the market? Thanks for the advice.

Robert.

The newest 7B about 3 months.

james

jdandy 02-16-2010 07:10 PM

James.......Has there been any change in the transformer in the 4B SST2 from its original release to the newest ones off the line today? As I recall there had been a transformer change in one of your amp models, if I remember correctly it was the model MF bashed, I mean reviewed. :D Just curious about the 4B SST2, and whether there's been any internal component changes since its release.

James Tanner - Bryston 02-16-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 63592)
James.......Has there been any change in the transformer in the 4B SST2 from its original release to the newest ones off the line today? As I recall there had been a transformer change in one of your amp models, if I remember correctly it was the model MF bashed, I mean reviewed. :D Just curious about the 4B SST2, and whether there's been any internal component changes since its release.

Hi,

The 4B transformer did not change - just the 7B's 14B's and 28B's.

james