AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ethernet Networking Cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39725)

For The Love of Music 03-15-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid325 (Post 957395)
So, I just upgraded my Ethernet cable from basic Amazon 5e to Blue Jeans 6a, modem to router to switch to streamer. Now, I know we all want to hear improvements when we upgrade, but to be honest I wasn’t expecting anything with the new Cat 6a. Well, it’s probably in my head, but I swear I hear an improvement in Tidal. I’m not good at describing variances in audio quality, but it sounds fuller, more body, not as tinny. Works for me....

Jacob

I too have heard profound differences with better quality Ethernet

Poppyhome 03-15-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid325 (Post 957395)
So, I just upgraded my Ethernet cable from basic Amazon 5e to Blue Jeans 6a, modem to router to switch to streamer. Now, I know we all want to hear improvements when we upgrade, but to be honest I wasn’t expecting anything with the new Cat 6a. Well, it’s probably in my head, but I swear I hear an improvement in Tidal. I’m not good at describing variances in audio quality, but it sounds fuller, more body, not as tinny. Works for me....

Jacob

:thumbsup: That's all you need............

"so we've asked Belden to manufacture special patch-cord-optimized Cat 6 and Cat 6a cable stocks for us which we terminate and sell under the Blue Jeans Cable brand. With all of these cables, we use Sentinel brand RJ-45 connectors, manufactured in York, Pennsylvania."

"With each Ethernet cable you purchase from us you'll receive a test report showing exactly how that cable performed when run through our Fluke DTX-1800, and confirming that it meets or exceeds the specification requirements for its category."

Ron

Puma Cat 03-15-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 957399)
I too have heard profound differences with better quality Ethernet

Yep, me, too.

And, I also notice differences in HDMI cables used for video; they make an improvement you can see with your own two eyes, crisper images, better detail and yes...blacker blacks! I know it's a cliché, but it's true.

I'm using Shunyata Venom HDMI, BTW.

For The Love of Music 03-15-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 957401)
Yep, me, too.

And, I also notice differences in HDMI cables used for video; they make an improvement you can see with your own two eyes, crisper images, better detail and yes...blacker blacks! I know it's a cliché, but it's true.

I'm using Shunyata Venom HDMI, BTW.

Me too, Jaw dropping - Nordost Heimdell