AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bi-wiring Olympica II (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=26674)

Bavarian05 05-11-2014 05:32 PM

Bi-wiring Olympica II

Looking for feedback from owners on the Olympica range.
Are you single wiring with jumpers or bi-wiring yours? Have you tried both and what are your thoughts?
A rep told me that bi-wiring is always the way to go if given the option, though another rep told me that single wiring is typically more favorable with Sonus Faber for whatever reason. I'm curious what others have found and stuck with.

Sultankat 05-12-2014 01:28 AM

I've spoken with several owners of Olympica's and they almost all prefer single wiring with jumpers of the same brand.

metaphacts 05-12-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian05 (Post 606149)
A rep told me that bi-wiring is always the way to go if given the option, though another rep told me that single wiring is typically more favorable with Sonus Faber

Is it safe to assume the rep was not a Sumiko or FS employee?

Venere 05-12-2014 10:20 AM

Can Bill or one of the other folks who prefer single wiring tell us what it is about Sf products that seems to make bi-wiring less productive than with other speakers. I assume it would have to do with crossover design but not sure. And if its simply from listening experience thats fine too. Just thought somebody might have a technical explanation as well.

Bavarian05 05-12-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 606285)
Is it safe to assume the rep was not a Sumiko or FS employee?

It was actually an ARC rep.

metaphacts 05-13-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian05 (Post 606415)

It was actually an ARC rep.

Interesting. Sonus systems in the ARC factory have jumpers :dunno:

Bavarian05 05-13-2014 08:18 PM

Interesting. I am now using single wire and silver jumpers. I'm kind of shocked by how much better it sounds to me.
Timing is better and spatial aspects seem to be more accurate and less grandiose (if that makes any sense).

Metaphacts,
Do you happen to know if the internal cabling in the Olympica line is silver or copper? I have both jumper
options and would like to match it to the speaker if possible.

Bavarian05 05-17-2014 08:36 PM

Switched to copper jumpers. I like the sound a bit better than the silver jumpers. Metaphacts, I'm hopelessly falling for your product.
I'm auditioning a set of Transparent Super speaker cables currently and have a pair of Ultra interconnects on the way. Pretty impressive stuff.

metaphacts 05-19-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian05 (Post 607680)
Switched to copper jumpers. I like the sound a bit better than the silver jumpers. Metaphacts, I'm hopelessly falling for your product.
I'm auditioning a set of Transparent Super speaker cables currently and have a pair of Ultra interconnects on the way. Pretty impressive stuff.

Jumpers should be the same as the speaker cable used, if possible.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Transparents. :tresbon:

bvdiman 05-20-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 608332)
Jumpers should be the same as the speaker cable used, if possible.

+1
*or to at least stay within the brand.