AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Home Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Oppo BDP-105 Shipping mid-November (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16980)

jdandy 11-02-2012 10:40 PM

Oppo BDP-105 Shipping mid-November

I received a Music Direct email today. They are now taking pre-orders on the Oppo BDP-105 universal player. Their email states the BDP-105 will ship mid-November.

I have purchased a BDP-83, BDP-83SE, and a BDP-95 directly from Oppo with complete satisfaction. I registered on the Oppo website to be notified when the BDP-105 is ready to ship. I will order the BDP-105 directly from Oppo.

I'm still not feeling warm and fuzzy about MD after a run of defective vinyl that I had to pay to return ship. One defective album was replaced with another defective album, all at my expense. I'm still sitting on two defective, noisy, full of pops and ticks albums from them. I'm frustrated enough with MD not to even bother with them again. If it's defective it should not cost me a dime to return it for replacement or refund. $30.00 albums wind up costing me $46.00 or more once I figure in the return shipping, not to mention my time with the Post Office and my irritation.

At any rate, I'll deal with Oppo direct before spending my money with an Internet vender I'm not happy with. My new Oppo BDP-105 will come direct from Oppo.

mbovaird 11-02-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy
I received a Music Direct email today. They are now taking pre-orders on the Oppo BDP-105 universal player. Their email states the BDP-105 will ship mid-November.

I have purchased a BDP-83, BDP-83SE, and a BDP-95 directly from Oppo with complete satisfaction. I registered on the Oppo website to be notified when the BDP-105 is ready to ship. I will order the BDP-105 directly from Oppo.

I'm still not feeling warm and fuzzy about MD after a run of defective vinyl that I had to pay to return ship. One defective album was replaced with another defective album, all at my expense. I'm still sitting on two defective, noisy, full of pops and ticks albums from them. I'm frustrated enough with MD not to even bother with them again. If it's defective it should not cost me a dime to return it for replacement or refund. $30.00 albums wind up costing me $38.00 to $46.00 once I figure in the return shipping, not to mention my time with the Post Office and my irritation.

At any rate, I'll deal with Oppo direct before spending my money with an Internet vender I'm not happy with. My new Oppo BDP-105 will come direct from Oppo.

+1. Thanks for letting us know!

Ritmo 11-03-2012 08:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up Dan. I'm considering the 105 as well to replace my 83SE.

Mike

jdandy 11-03-2012 10:04 AM

I'm going to play musical Blu-rays. When the BDP-105 arrives it will go into the home theater system in the studio, and the BDP-95 that's there now will go into the living room system. The BDP-83SE that's presently in the living room system will move to my office system, and the BDP-83 that's in my office will go into the master bedroom. The Sony BDP-S560 in the bedroom will given to my ol' Rockabilly Hall of Fame friend Matt Lucas who lives down the road.

http://www.dvd-a.net/images/universal/Oppo_BDP-105.jpg

mbovaird 11-03-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

I'm going to play musical Blu-rays. When the BDP-105 arrives it will go into the home theater system in the studio, and the BDP-95 that's there now will go into the living room system. The BDP-83SE that's presently in the living room system will move to my office system, and the BDP-83 that's in my office will go into the master bedroom. The Sony BDP-S560 in the bedroom will given to my ol' Rockabilly Hall of Fame friend Matt Lucas who lives down the road.

Wow!

jdandy 11-03-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbovaird (Post 387891)
Wow!

Mike.......Yep, I'll be all Oppo when it comes to Blu-ray at my home. :thumbsup:

Cheezewhiz 11-03-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 387889)

:lmao:

mbovaird 11-03-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Mike.......Yep, I'll be all Oppo when it comes to Blu-ray at my home. :thumbsup:

With my MCD1100 in the shop for the upgrade, I've been using my Oppo 95. It sounds quite good. I plan on ordering the 105 and moving my 95 downstairs.

redm 11-03-2012 10:14 AM

I suspect you will be able to buy it for the same price from Amazon as well since they carry the other models. :yes:

bakerman 11-03-2012 10:49 AM

I've bought two players on different occasions from Oppo directly. They are great to deal with and I see no reason not to buy straight from the source.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado