AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Amp Stand AV furniture Australia? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20903)

hyperterminal 04-29-2013 09:12 PM

Amp Stand AV furniture Australia?

Hi guys
I'm in the market to buy some amp stands for my 2301s and also a new AV 3 shelf unit. I've managed to find quite a few in USA but by the time you add shipment doesn't make it that attractive . I was wondering if anyone knows any good manafacturers or retailers in Australia ? Specifically main thing at this point is the amp stands for monoblocs

Thanks guys!

MyPal 04-29-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperterminal (Post 485630)
Hi guys
I'm in the market to buy some amp stands for my 2301s and also a new AV 3 shelf unit. I've managed to find quite a few in USA but by the time you add shipment doesn't make it that attractive . I was wondering if anyone knows any good manafacturers or retailers in Australia ? Specifically main thing at this point is the amp stands for monoblocs

Thanks guys!

You could find a local dealer that carries the overseas brand you are interested in. There are not many choices of Australian made.

I could recommend The Quadraspire Sunoko that I use & refer you to a Melbourne dealer, but its going to get down to the form, finish & function that you're after. Check out my system thread for pics.

thxthx 04-29-2013 09:34 PM

Sorry, can't recommend anyone in Melbourne :(

Surely cheaper off the Internet? I have investigated new tyres for my car... Even if I spend $1,200 on shipping from the USA I am still ahead $1,000!

MyPal 04-29-2013 09:47 PM

If you're in Melbourne, go & see Paul & Rab at Carlton Audio Visual. They probably have something laying about.

MyPal 04-29-2013 09:52 PM

I have some Solidsteel 5.5 audio racks in silver that i am not using in mint condition. I may consider selling one of them if you are interested. You could then source matching Solidsteel amp stands.

http://www.jackvandijk.nl/stereo/images/55k.jpg

hyperterminal 04-29-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPal (Post 485663)

I have some Solidsteel 5.5 audio racks in silver that i am not using.I may consider selling one of them if you are interested. You could then source matching amp stands.

Thanks Pal looking for a small unit though 3 shelf including top - although it would give me an excuse to fill it up haha ;)

hyperterminal 04-29-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPal (Post 485645)

You could find a local dealer that carries the overseas brand you are interested in. There are not many choices of Australian made.

I could recommend The Quadraspire Sunoko that I use & refer you to a Melbourne dealer, but its going to get down to the form, finish & function that you're after. Check out my system thread for pics.

Nice system pal was that 3 2301s I saw?

MyPal 04-29-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperterminal (Post 485680)

Nice system pal was that 3 2301s I saw?

3 x MC2301s. Absolutely! :D

hyperterminal 04-29-2013 10:28 PM

Nice what's the 3rd driving out of Interest :)

MyPal 04-29-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperterminal (Post 485690)
Nice what's the 3rd driving out of Interest :)

The 3rd MC2301 is driving the centre speaker. It is a hybrid 2ch/multi-ch setup.

The system is used extensively in HT pass-thru mode for regular TV/Sat Cable & gets many hours during the evening. Of course, Blu-Ray, multi-ch SACD as well.

My favourite mode of operation is 2ch vinyl & R2R tape :hug: I'm lacking tape software ATM though & hoping to address that.

Currently building a digital CAPS media server. That direction could even tempt me to buy an Ayre QA-9 ADC. :scratch2: