AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Significant others. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=566)

Gordon 04-29-2009 11:53 AM

Significant others.

I have to say, my wife has been pretty understanding about this audio hobby. While most of the time she could care less what I do with it, there is one thing she asked for. The ability to play music with a minimum of button pushing. I've got it down to 5 and she is happy!

She could care less about this or that wire, or whatever tweak I may try. The only hard sell was the speakers being pulled way into the room.

As long as I show the right amount of excitement over the latest pair of scissors or little paper triangles and stickers she bought for her scrap booking club, everything is great!

Gordon

jdandy 04-29-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 9945)
I have to say, my wife has been pretty understanding about this audio hobby. While most of the time she could care less what I do with it, there is one thing she asked for. The ability to play music with a minimum of button pushing. I've got it down to 5 and she is happy!

She could care less about this or that wire, or whatever tweak I may try. The only hard sell was the speakers being pulled way into the room.

As long as I show the right amount of excitement over the latest pair of scissors or little paper triangles and stickers she bought for her scrap booking club, everything is great!

Gordon

Yes, faked exuberance can be very useful. Women often seem to be more adept at it than men. :D

cougit25 04-29-2009 12:24 PM

My wife knows how much I love this hobby and wants me to be happy, so she's very accommodating. She doesn't understand the hows and whys, but she does know good sound when she hears it and loves movies and music.:music:

Her only concern is that I don't become obsessed.:hypnotize:
She thinks that 3 amplifiers for our system with 12 channels of McIntosh power(notice I said "our system")is a bit much and can't understand why I want or need another amp.:tears:

Logic says she right and I know she is, but dammit, I want another amp...is that obsessive??:D

jdandy 04-29-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougit25 (Post 9958)
My wife knows how much I love this hobby and wants me to be happy,

Logic says she right and I know she is, but dammit, I want another amp...is that obsessive??:D

Harold.......Not at all. :no:

1KW 04-29-2009 12:53 PM

set up a sonus whole house system with ceiling speakers and subs in the rooms for my wife, she can turn the music on in any room she wants with one button. She never turns my Mcintosh system on, not because she is not allowed but rather no interest. She finds it boring to sit in a chair and listen to music, she has to be doing something. I had her set up her painting stuff near my listening room.

jdandy 04-29-2009 04:27 PM

David.......Painting stuff? That's probably how she feels about your treasured sound system, too,........stereo stuff. :yes: